Herman

The correct way to say it is, “I couldn’t care less about (fill in name).”

1 Like

Same your correction is well taken. Thank you for the “lay up”
Sam I meant. Damnit I did it again.

Well said and I’ll take it even further. The reason I appreciate Tom Herman isn’t just that he won but that he absolutely SHATTERED what the “realistic expectations” for what this program should be. I mean no offense to any fan here because many of you were crucial to the survival of UH athletics during some very dark times. I started attending during the Briles years and I have so much appreciation for the fans that kept the program afloat. It’s because of you all that we are going to soon be able to watch our beloved university enter a power conference.

That being said, there seems to be a small portion of that demographic that believes UH should “stay in it’s place”. For years I heard the same posters go on and on about what UH can’t do or will never be able to do.

“We should never have anything other than a 3-4 defense because we can’t recruit D linemen.”

“We should only run the air raid because we’ll never be able to build a good Oline.”

Never mind the fact that every year there were/are multiple g5 programs that proved these to be false notions. Herman came in and with the exact same players won big. Then he followed it up by recruiting big. People like to poo poo his recruiting as overrated but it’s difficult for guys to live up to their potential with all of the coaching turnover. Let’s also be honest that the coaching turnover brought about a downgrade.

This is getting longer than I anticipated but the point is that Herman proved a good portion of this fan base wrong and I want people to remember that as we set expectations for what UH should be when we enter the Big 12. I’m already seeing low self esteem fans talk about we should be expect one 4 star recruit every two or three years. I’m sorry what??? The AAC currently has schools that do that RIGHT NOW. It’s nice that we don’t have a bunch of delusional folks running around here but we gotta do something about these low expectations that many of our fans have.

17 Likes

Great post Charlie.

If anything, Herman showed us what we could be in the new era of college football and gave us reasons to expect more from our program and those who run it.

For that, at the very least, I’m grateful for Herman.

2 Likes

When he joined the Village People. Was his construction vest to warn that he was a falling object?

3 Likes

When he realized he didn’t have Greg Ward any longer.

6 Likes

They should have left those lockers. Clearly well constructed if Herman couldn’t take them down.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the transfer portal we have historically brought in transfer’s who helped the program tremendously, and will continue to do so. Nil going to be a game changer imo. Patterson already telling Fort Worth business community needs to step up there game.Herman was a great fit here. But had chance at his dream job he took it. I’m not mad at him. We have have brought in kids who were 5 star like Deontay Greenberg kid out of California that’s without A5 status. No his brother wasn’t playing for UH like Ed’s.

2 Likes

We need to stop hating and just focus on us. Herman was looking after himself and did well for our program. I don’t ill wish him and hope he does well. I’ll admit, I did want Texas to lose though, only so Herman can feel that UH truly was the better choice.

Also, let’s stop hating on UT and focus on our current team, season, and success. Go coogs!

3 Likes

Uh oh somebody is calling a foul on this thread:

2 Likes

High energy guy.

1 Like

he kind of waddles up to the pack while hoping someone will restrain him so he doesnt have to look even more foolish. The one where he mocked that opposing team QB is my favorite.

If we’re doing Tom Herman GIFs (my personal favs):

1 Like

Thank you…Can’t is a self perpetuating word.

1 Like

Deontay Greenberry was a great recruiting story in 2012. He was all committed to Notre Dame on the Tue leading up to signing day. He threw in a late visit to UH which the Notre Dame fans dismissed as just exploratory.

Wednesday comes and the news breaks that Greenberry signed with UH, shocking Brian Kelly who spoke with him day before.

Recall Deontay’s last UH game was the 31-6 comeback against Pitt. He caught two TDs in the 4th including the game winner AND 2pt conversion in the last minute from Greg Ward Jr.

8 Likes

A game that will live in infamy! One of the greatest comebacks of all time

7 Likes

I loved that game. I would gladly sit in the freezing rain all over again, it was worth sitting in the miserable weather for. My wife spent most of the 2nd half in the lady’s room but came back to see the last two touchdowns. We went nuts!

7 Likes

Deontay anybody know what happened to him?
He wrapped up his career in style with a game winning TD. Great comeback indeed.

Deontay Greenberry entered the draft after his junior year but was undrafted. I think he tried to get on the cowboys and seahawks as an UFA, but as far as I know never made either’s roster or practice squad. I guess he went back home and is working somewhere.

1 Like

UH needs to do a better job of outreach and keeping up with our former athlete’s. Imo. We have thousands of athlete’s that come through UH and worn the crimson and red. If anything send them a birthday card. Hell that’s the least
we could to do. My insurance agent does. We need to keep in contact with these young men and women in some form or fashion. Honor them by having some recognition home coming event. Create some Cougar Medal of Honor or something.

4 Likes