He's Right. It's time

I’ll just leave this here…

Alcohol-Related Crimes: Statistics and Facts - Alcohol Rehab Guide.

3 Likes

For the record I believe in liberty… Aka decriminalization… Especially, since the most dangerous drug, alcohol, is legal.

I don’t know…last non-binding referendum they had it got rejected as I recall.

It kills existing hospitality industry. They lobbied heavy against it as I’m sure they’d do again.

1 Like

Weed —
https://twitter.com/alexberenson/status/1564743207165890560?s=21&t=BPWpiHd9wNVoerEU6QKpHw

That is the epitome of false equivalence. It’s one twitter dope connecting dots that aren’t accurate, whatsoever.

2 Likes

Berenson is a top-notch reporter. I highly recommend his book on weed. Two three-word sentences summarize the book’s thesis: Cannabis causes Psychosis. Psychosis causes Violence.

That’s just it, a thesis. A sketchy one at that, reporter credentials or no. And yes, I’ve checked out the supporting articles.

Alcohol is multiple times more harmful in the psychosis department, even if Berenson’s “theory” were true. It’s not even close.

EDIT: And if you click on that ever so helpful Amazon link, and dare to read some negative reviews, you’ll find the exact opposite viewpoint and pointing out of how shoddy his research is.

At least his conclusions don’t seem to be as based in flat out racism as 30’s era Jeff Session’s hero Harry Anslinger.

1 Like

I just checked out his Twitter. This isn’t the only iffy thing he’s said.

Consequences, always consequences

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1569433138199248896?t=GPJuI5oqWUDj2DstzV8Cuw&s=19

1 Like

This is horrible…clearly taxes are way too high on that product.

1 Like

A fourth fentanyl-related death of a Hays CISD student was confirmed this week, prompting local and national leaders to establish a joint task force.

1 Like

Drugs are bad, period.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I heard the same thing when I read that post. Lol

1 Like

Mara ja wana is baaad! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Do you drink? That’s bad as well.

No i do not, i don’t do any type of drugs

1 Like

This Cohiba I’m smoking is enough drugs for both of us.

This is a tough issue. FWIW, illegal grows were all pot smokers had before states began legalization, so it isn’t a new problem. I’d put most resources into tracking meth and fentanyl.

I imagine a few here indulge, legally or illegally depending on where they live, but not filling up the courts with possession cases really saves money and prosecutorial resources.

4 Likes

Long, insightful read from tabletmag.com

Cannabis has by far the highest conversion rate to schizophrenia of any substance—higher than meth, higher than opioids, higher than LSD.

If you’re over 30 years old and you used to smoke weed when you were a teenager, the strongest you were smoking was probably 20% THC. Today, teenagers are “dabbing” a product that’s three, four, or five times stronger, and are often doing so multiple times a day. At that level of potency, the impact of the drug on a user’s brain belongs to an entirely different category of risk than smoking a joint or taking a bong rip of even an intensively bred marijuana flower. It’s highly addictive, and over time, there’s a significant chance it can drive you insane.

and another weed-related psychotic episode in CO…

Newly released videos capture the distressing moment an armed 22-year-old Colorado man was shot dead by police after he crashed his car and appeared to be in the throes of a paranoid breakdown…

Christian Glass, a citizen of the US, UK and New Zealand, called 911 for help after he crashed into a ditch in the small mountain town of Silver Plume late on June 10 — telling cops he was “terrified…”

The autopsy said Glass had THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana, in his system, and a .01% blood alcohol concentration. He also had amphetamine, which Rathod said is likely from an ADHD prescription.

Ignore/deny Berenson’s 6-word thesis at your loved one’s peril:

Weed Causes Psychosis. Psychosis Causes Violence.