Historic Win

Winning the B12 Men’s Basketball Championship in the first year in the conference.
Winning the final conference game against the bluest of blue blood basketball schools Kansas.
In front of the largest crowd ever at Fertitta Center.

54 Likes

Totally agree with you. This is a statement win for all media to see. duke and nc are playing. I made it a point to watch something else.
Shame on espn for not having game day at Fertitta today. They clearly don’t want us in the spotlight.
I noticed the Kansas coach and CKS afer the game. Interesting CKS face. Something was said.

5 Likes

by THIRTY points! :boom:

5 Likes

Self is a turd. One of our coaches called him the dirtiest coach they’d ever seen when we played him with LSU. Glad we whooped him!

6 Likes

We unleashed the ELVIN

22 Likes

We gave them a chance and didn’t unleash him until there was 4 minutes left. Still got 7 points and a steal.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. Self should thank his lucky stars that he is coaching and not under a NCAA Show Cause Order.

8 Likes

now, wait a minute; unc-duke is their yankees-redsox; they’re going to show it over anything else. if kansas was top 5, they’d still show them. i might have tried to do coogs-kansas after, they probably would get more eyeballs for the network than having it at 3pm than wahatever their 8pm game is but i dont blame espn there.

3 Likes

I have nothing about them showing the game. What I am writing is game day ought to have been at Fertitta. Kansas is a blue blood. They could have easily brought back Phi Slama Jama to their set.

2 Likes

jimhoffa,

He looked like a big red turd today (Perhaps his blood pressure was up).

At $9MM/ year, my guess is he’s on a short leash now. IMHO, it won’t be long for him. Fans are way past pissed.

1 Like

22 Likes

I heard Kansas is a bad matchup for us. Plus we already won the Big12. No need to try hard today

4 Likes

Never underestimate the heart of a Champion.

Rudy T.

11 Likes

I know UNC-Duke is considered the most storied rivalry in college basketball (I know this because ESPN told me), but in reality, it is simply a regional rivalry. Actually, it is not even a regional rivalry; more like a neighborhood rivalry. Duke is 9 miles from North Carolina.

2 Likes

Lol Self doesn’t have to worry about his job security

1 Like

Yeah making the Tournament as a top 4 seed every year, dominating your conference, which has recently become a complete gauntlet and having a couple national titles, including one recently and not counting one year where they were the top team in the polls before Covid hit is a sure way to get fired. He’s done a terrible job. /s

3 Likes

NC State and North Carolina is the bigger rivalry in North Carolina itself (except the Triangle) because it’s the state’s two biggest state institutions and more people in NC have more connection to the schools than Duke, which has more Mid-Atlantic/Northeast alumni and is smaller.

I didn’t see the handshakes etc.

Someone claiming Self said something to Sampson??

WTF was said??

5 Likes

When Elvin made that 3, Fertitta was rockin man

What a night

7 Likes