Holgerson apologizes for Saturday's postgame comments

I want him to succeed but man he makes it hard to like him.

8 Likes

His reactions are the reason most coaches give canned answers, which are mostly worthless but don’t cause any pearl-clutching.

3 Likes

I feel like he said what he meant the first time, but I’m happy enough to accept the apology and move on.

9 Likes

I can appreciate his passion and frustration. After a loss just read this board and we’d all probably not post some of the diarrhea we do if we waited 24 hours
maybe -maybe not :laughing:
Not sticking up for him, he’s done plenty to not like. I’m 100% hoping he’s the guy that can build a consistent winner and stay here. I’m also 100% on board with if things turn into a weekly clown show then we need to find the right guy.

1 Like

Hoping there is another team only meeting

1 Like

He definitely meant what he said when he said it. I think and feel a lot of things in the moment that I don’t feel and think later. I’m generally better about not saying them out loud, but his lack of a filter is a known thing. Not always a bad thing, even though here it clearly was.

We’ll just have to see how much damage was done or whether it’s one of those things the players understand and can move on quickly from. (Not gonna help with recruiting either way, I fear.)

1 Like

He didn’t need to apologize to me. I knew all along he didn’t mean what he said. The guy hates losing, and talks a bunch of mess when he does. Ive been around some coaches that were like that.

10 Likes

I am betting that he apologized to the team at some point after the game.
We will see how all this is going to go over.
See all my Coog friends Friday night!

2 Likes

Lol. RK doesn’t need an interpreter. Guaranteed she was on the phone with Dana as soon as he got off of the podium Saturday night.

waisted no time to apologize on the presser. he’s been warned
which may mean there is a hidden contract clause (obviously not the truth just a shot in the dark)

1 Like

Pez adds: “You know these idiots will complain about anything. If it isn’t something you said, its about me playing the game at 5pm. Next chance I get, I’m scheduling it at 2pm just to shut them up. If they weren’t all broke, they’d buy club seats and enjoy the AC with the rest of us.”

3 Likes

Not an interpreter. It’s the chain of command.

If she bypasses Pez, then it reflects badly on Pez.

1 Like

if he apologized, its because our president made her unhappiness with some of his comments known
GOOD for her.

5 Likes

If you apologize, is it only because someone told you to?

I know it’s literally impossible for some people to consider, but it’s just as likely that he regretted flying off the handle and saying something that could become a distraction.

Jeez.

3 Likes

Whatever a person says initially in a moment of passion is what they really think and believe.

All the crawfishing and apologies do not change that.

16 Likes

If you really think that the head coach doesn’t think he’s accountable for penalties, then the haterade is really taking its toll. :laughing:

2 Likes

Got a call from uncle tillman

2 Likes

True, i have never heard a coach talk like that after a win

1 Like

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

Do you really believe that people don’t say stuff in the heat of the moment that they don’t actually mean? It’s called frustration. People say and do stuff in the heat of the moment all the time that they don’t actually mean hence the apology.

Some of you just want to hate the man I swear.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you but when you are the coach all eyes are on you and it comes with the territory. He probably had a talking to from leadership above.