Holgerson apologizes for Saturday's postgame comments

At the end of the day, Dana and our team are 14-4 over the last two years. What is Dana’s worst loss over that span? Losing to Tech last year at NRG in the 1st game of the year? Losing to Cinci in the conference championship game In Ohio in the same year they went to the college football playoffs? Losing in 2 OT on the road to a Tech team this year who just knocked off UT and is 3-1? Losing to an undefeated Kansas team at home?

Come after Dana and them on Friday if we lose to Tulane but until then give it a rest and support our program like they deserve.

12 Likes

Sorry, but he come across like a spoiled immature kid who was made to apologize by his rich parents. He is a “little” man. Not a leader of young men that we need as a coach. I am embarrassed that he is associated with our University. He needs to be gone!

5 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes. Take him at his word.

1 Like

Lets stay chilled up until we start losing conference games. I think we shouldn’t have given up 320 yards passing to Rice. Whether or not we should score more than 34 points is up for debate. Lets see what happens in conference. Belk has his hands full.

2 Likes

Much better presser. Hope he follows this with a good win over Tulane. Still think we run the gauntlet and play the championship game.

4 Likes

Said we played 59 players.

Holgy said Dot didn’t play due to a discipline issue. But I thought Holgy didn’t care about discipline.

6 Likes

You do realize that you are 100 percent right, don’t you?

I have been in many 100’s of business meetings throughout my legal career, and the one thing that you and everyone should know is that most businesses HATE THEIR CUSTOMERS!!

I guarantee you Pez said something just like that. Probably right after he complained about the lack of alumni participation and the lack of progress on the capital raise.

Circle Back Dana

I disagree. Lighten up, Francis. We all let off steam from time to time:

1 Like

I think the same thing. He is not articulate.

1 Like

Not everyone can grease it like Phil Jackson. If you watch KS he has to take a minute to calm himself when he knows he’s gonna get questions he doesn’t like.

1 Like

Interesting thing about that NFL compilation – even the most heated coaches describe the team’s failures as something that “we” did. That’s a big difference. It’s an implicit acknowledgement that the team wins, loses, succeeds, fails as a collective. There’s no buck passing, no “we need better players” – if the team is struggling, the coach is a part of that struggle.

2 Likes
4 Likes

My only point is that coaches (and others) blow gaskets from time to time.

Those calling for Dana’s head (for what I view as relatively innocuous comments) are overreacting.

And sometimes they do go after players–fairly or not.

7 Likes

Tulane just beat KState who knocked off Number 6 OU.

Tulane may roll us. We don’t have our best defender and we are banged up.

1 Like

Tulane may have beaten K-State because K-State did a horrible job of focusing on Tulane and had their attention on OU…It was a perfect trap game. It is interesting that Tulane then had an emotional let down and lost at home to a Southern Miss program they normally defeat. Now i suspect the Tulane game wont be easy, but maybe Tulane isnt a football Super power just yet. Houston has a chance IMHO, IF they play with emotion and discipline.

2 Likes

I watched CDH apology in his post game presser (ESPN+) and I’m personally satisfied with his comments. He seemed genuinely contrite. Truth be known, I’ve said worse things during a golf match.

7 Likes

KState is a tough out. Strong Oline. They are a replica of NDSU which overpowers the teams they play. They did that to OU on Saturday.

Tulane is no gimme

2 Likes

NDSU lost to Arizona 10 days ago. They did not overpower The Wildcats.

Speed kills. Who has the advantage there?

1 Like