Holgorsen is our Tuberville

Got to have a good Oline coach before you can have a good Oline!

1 Like

How about “Purple People Eaters” and the “Steel Curtain”

2 Likes

Fearsome Foursome.

2 Likes

You can have the best coaches on the planet.
Does that equate to success?
NO
You need some talent. Our injuries clearly illustrates where we are. We are a “work in progress” We can be as frustrated as we can this is not going to make us win games. It is your choice friends. You can either #%^* and moan or trust CDH.
Next season for me will be the measuring test. I want to see improvements at all positions. By then CDH would have had two recruiting classes.
No I do not expect an undefeated season but I sure want to see us better than .500.
This leaves us to THIS season. You have a team that is putting their health on the line with every play. I am asking that you have a minimum of respect for OUR players.

1 Like

Agreed. Applewhite did not leave the program this barren. He was recruiting on par or better than Dana has been, both transfers and HS recruits. This is a poor excuse for our performances so far.

1 Like

Point 1 - Correct
Point 2 - Correct
Point 3 - We disagree, but that is okay

The fix would be to also use a mobile qb for change of pace. Also it’s likely cincy and ucf lose their coaches after this yr.

I don’t think Fickell jumps at the first job. Doesn’t seem like that kind of guy. I think he is going to be picky about where he goes.

I don’t know who is dumb enough take Heupel right now. He is pulling a Judas. He used someone else’s recruits to be successful. Schools would be smart to leave him there another few years and see if he can sustain that success.

1 Like

Wow. I just don’t understand Coog fans. Holgi needs 5 years to build a program, but hire a first-time head coach in Applewhite and he only gets two years despite completely outperforming Holgi. I seriously don’t get it. Applewhite was a Longhorn is my only explanation.

3 Likes

The 70-14 loss to Army sealed his fate.

2 Likes

i expect to see marked improvement next year, period, this offense he is running is crap, reminds me of Applesauce boring offense

Maybe he is going with what he’s got.

This year it is much better thanks to Dana. The O-line is still below average, that was the biggest issue with Herman/Applewhite recruiting. The secondary was bare when Dana got the job. Corners are now solid because of the guys he brought in. RB would be a big issue if Dana didn’t get Porter and redshirt Car last year. There has always been talent at WR and in the D-line/LBs.

Our problem is with a below average line and a QB who is not good under pressure, it will be hard to get rolling. We still should be better on offense though. Other than missing two key pieces on defense, I don’t have many issues with them. Really only the safety play is an issue, too many broken coverages and poor angles for tackles.

3 Likes

If he become early 1990s Jerry Jones, I think everyone here would be OK with that!

I believe most who have more patience for CDH are under the mind set that one coach created a hole for the other. Not the other way around. As far as him being a horn
well this is Coogfans.com
you have to expect some of the old SWC Coogs are not too fond of horn anything. Even as a younger Alumn, I don’t blame them. Horn officials and former coaches are pretty sus if you ask me. :joy:

1 Like

The NCAA to my surprise has a site that list the biggest blowout in college Bowl history.

For the most points by a single team in a bowl victory. The 70 points by Army against in UH 2018 tied W. Virginia 70-33 victory over Clemson in 2012.

For the largest margin of victory in the history of bowl team. Army’s 56 point margin of victory against UH, tied with Tulsa’s 2008 bowl win against Bowling Green, 63-7.

Hey Applewhite and UH has two historic NCAA records. He should have had his contract extended and given a raise. The NCAA site gives in the 1st paragraph special attention to this historic accomplishment.

im not going to say our Oline is great, but when has our Oline ever been great? (in the modern era) we arent located in Oline country, we are in 7 on 7 country

I dont think our Oline is any worse than its been under any of our touted teams 

-people forget we used insane pace (in an era where teams werent used to that yet) to ware out Dlines and give them little thinking time in the keenum and kolb eras (why it was called the great equalizer)
 and fans said we needed a mobile qb in the king and ward era because they could avoid the pressure with there feet since we had bad protection

we are top 4 in the league in sacks allowed and tackles for loss allowed
 for the “houston average” i dont think we have a bad Oline

1 Like

I don’t think Holgerson is a bad coach but he does need to change things up a bit.
he needs to recognize that tune isn’t that great
oline needs some help.
seems to me we moved the ball best when we picked up the pace and kept cinci from setting or changing defense. not saying we need to go ucf speed but an increase in tempo would probably help this years offense.

I like Dana’s press conferences more than Applewhite’s.

So. We can’t say anything about Dana for another two years? Got it.