Houston Astros 2023 Season on a daily roll

I think Baggy is awesome in the booth. In fact I’ve never heard anyone say anything negative about him thus far. Wish he was on more.

Eh, I think I would rather get Biggio’s perspective in the booth.

Listening to Biggio go through the full list of trite sayings would make it hard to wait on the good stuff. :laughing:

Bagwell is soft spoken so it’s incumbent on the audio engineer to turn up the sound volume on his microphone, or give him a headset w/ mic attached. Either way, it’s resolvable.

Abreu is eight times horrible. Just horrible.

1 Like

1st rough night for the bullpen in awhile.
Montero shelled.

Add the usual Abreu leaving guys on & its all she wrote.

Noon game tomorrow.

1 Like

A pretty sorry day for Houston baseball…need to rebound tomorrow.

1 Like

In the words of Forrest Gump…S#!t Happens.

Win tomorrow…and today’s loss will soon be forgotten.

Then, on to another three with Oakland.

In the words of Buddy Holly……Oh Boy!

1 Like

Gonna have to score more than 10 runs in three games against A’s this time.

1 Like

I’ve broached this topic before and I couldn’t drag anyone down into the mire with me. Who is the heir apparent at 3rd base?

Joe Perez or Kessenger would be the call up if needed but I don’t think as of right now there is anyone worthy…at least anywhere close to ready.

Whitcomb is talented but still has too much swing and Miss to his game…Honestly not sure if Will Wagner has the chops to play 3b.

I’m sure they will draft a couple of college guys that are either SS with pop or true third baseman this year.

May need to free agent it for awhile.

Too many bad runs for Bregman. They seem to get longer and longer. Maybe he’s crossing over the hill. Nothing wrong with it. You can’t be a young stud forever. I love the guy. Great competitor. Great teammate. Doesn’t complain. But he gets in these ruts. I’m hoping he pulls out and sets it on fire because we won’t win the WS with him batting .220.

On a positive note he seems to keep himself in great shape. That should at least keep him healthy for a few more years.

1 Like

Montero- IP- 19.2 H- 28 :flushed: BB- 9 K- 23 ERA- 7.32 :nauseated_face:

WHIP- 1.249 :poop:

Maton- IP- 23.1 H-10 :+1: BB- 2 :+1: K- 25 ERA 0.77 :+1:

WHIP- 0.514 :shushing_face:

Makes total sense that Dusty the genius is still using Montero in high leverage situations.

Maton should be the 7th inning guy and KT should bat behind Yordan to give him some damn protection.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s the catcher’s fault.

1 Like

Deja Vu in the 1st in Milwaukee.

They walk Yordan, Tuck gets a hit & Abreu can’t get it out of infield.

1 Like

SSDD.

So we flat out beat the snot out of their top starter….then score zero runs off their two worst starters.

Houser had given up 19 hits in 14 hits this year….but he’s Cy Young today.

And Dusty always a day late with the pitching change.

Bielak threw well today….but I don’t care what his pitch count is the BAA the third time around is sky high.

Why not take him out after 6 solid innings? You have tomorrow off and the pen is in good shape anyway….I don’t know if we would have comeback and win today, not looking good.

But down 2-0 is much different than 4-0….I don’t think Dusty even thinks about things like this.

I think Dusty has about a -3.2 WAR this year…only 1/2 kidding.

3 Likes

IMO, Abreu needs to be batting 7th - 9th, and if he still can’t shake the funk, then send him to SL or CC to work out his timing and/or confidence. The club needs to do it soon rather than wait until July when his confidence is so low that it can’t be corrected. A productive Abreu is critical to the success of the club.

The Astros should not be so concerned with his reputation, pride or ego, but what is best for the club. One of my criticisms of Baker is that he allows veterans too much latitude to work out their game. At some point, the ballclub needs to intervene. No player is bigger than the club.

In all fairness, I’m not impressed with Bregman’s or Peña’s offensive performance. Perhaps too much hangover from a World Series title, HEB commercials and fan adoration.

2 Likes

I think its just a lull with Peña. Bregman has been streaky for two years and the streaks get longer and longer.

2 Likes