Yeah, that’s gonna give us more of the kind of “exposure” we don’t need.
For sure, but currently the forecast is showing a high of 83/85 which will be nicer.
I am still hoping we can get closer to 30k.
NGL, they got me with this promo, ended up buying 5 tickets at the $7.13 price.
I guess another early morning of drinking for me, man I hate these 11 am kickoffs. Especially coming in from the Conroe/woodlands area. But I’ll be there ![]()
Do you have to call in to use the area code special?
Looking at the forecast, much less the temperature, that far out is pretty useless. It also says it is supposed to be raining.
As for the time…
11AM kickoffs suck, it is terrible for attendance. Now 4 of our last 6 Saturday games have been 11 AM kicks. I know it isn’t Eddie’s or the school’s fault, but it blows. Part of CFB is tailgating and getting to catch up with folks prior to the game. That goes completely in the sh!tter with 11am kicks. But the NCAA doesnt care about that, or the well being of people cooking in 95 degree heat with no shade.
CFB is now catering to one group, the TV viewer. If the only group anyone at the NCAA cares about is TV viewers, maybe it is time for the fans to just start watching all the games on TV.
I agree that being on ESPN2 is better than ESPN+, but I think that is becoming less relevant every year. Fewer people these days subscribe to traditional cable and satellite, so they aren’t flipping through channels. They just stream the game they want directly in the ESPN app or YouTube TV or whatever they use.
It seems like this is something the conference could address contractually. Like set a limit on the number of 11:00 a.m. home games each team is obligated to accept each season.
Agree. Should be 2 MAX per season. At the very least we should get 2 night games in August/September
A couple of HPD cars with the cherries
flashing on top followed by the slab with McAffe Riden’ in the back.
Just show up. UT , Tech , A&M do at whatever time slot. Geez
With the extreme heat here we should not be playing day games until mid October. This will be 2 11am kickoffs this year and we have 3 last year and we wonder why no one is coming to the games. I am starting to get older and its getting harder and harder for me to brave these elements for these early season games.
I’m in the same boat. I’m not that old. I joke about being an old man, but I’m only 57. In my head, I think I’m still 23 and that’s being generous. The heat is getting harder and harder for me to tolerate. My wife is the same way and she is 52.
56 here. I feel you, mostly in my knees and lower back. Living in SoCal now has made Houston’s sticky heat almost unbearable. Made one 11 am game last year and I felt worse than the time I ran a marathon.
I hope that’s a prediction for how many points we score too.
It is inexcusable that the majority of our games is played at 11…if this is true. The logical way of doing the scheduling would be to put Southern Teams in late afternoon early evening and Northern team early in the day from August to mid October. Vice versa after mid October to help Northern teams. Pacific Zone teams already play late for the Eastern viewing audience.
I’m 58 and I can’t remember ever moving as slow as did walking out of the stadium as I did after the Oregon State game.
If the team wants fan support they need to win these types of games…
Ask the basketball team… CKS went through the same obstacles in fan support. As he continually built better teams with better chances of winning the attendance got better & better culminating in a season where we played for the natty.
Same thing will have to happen in football… which means Willie has to win that game we just lost… it is what it is.
We beat ranked teams already under Fritz.
That’s not the same as winning games that we need to win in order to be considered a CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER now is it…?