Houston Blue Game vs. UCF (10/03)

Knowing our luck, if we had beaten Tech then we would somehow lose to another team later on.

Herman and Sumlin proved that going undefeated is impossible at UH.

1 Like

Especially if you’re trying to negotiate contracts, schedule movers, buy a house in Austin/CS, etc

4 Likes

I’d much rather the game be played at 11 a.m. than 2, 2:30 or 3 p.m.

2 Likes

Well we did lose to UConn in 2015.
I don’t know who he was interviewing with at that time but I bet it was an SEC school for sure on their November cupcake week.

It was South Carolina. They had a pretty well-publicized flirtationship, although he eventually turned down the job because he (correctly) anticipated that the Texas job would open up the following year and staying at UH would put him in a better position for that.

1 Like

And Ward didn’t play, and someone got booted early on. Still should’ve won though.

1 Like

6 Likes


This is what our uniform should look like for this game.

7 Likes

I got the medal & shirt to prove mine… :grin:

1 Like

Just like this except BLUE! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

that makes too much sense to the powers that be!! Let’s invite them to come to a 11am game sometime early sept.

Yep. No amount of advertising or promoting would come close to doing what winning that game would have done to get people in the door.

5 Likes

I’ve not understood why UCF does the space theme for this game and we don’t.

3 Likes

Vermont City!

Also ran Marine Corps in DC but I ran as a bandit so all I got was bloody nipples from constant rain.

1 Like

Not me. If we play at 2 PM, we can still get six hours of tailgating in.

1 Like

You are on to something. I am onboard if you switch the white helmets to UH red.

1 Like

With 7,500 fewer people in the stands for the game. Then the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be 2x what we have now about our crowd. You can always refire your tailgate after the win. (I bought a throwdown ticket near you for the blue game; I’m going to come and check out your attire)

2 Likes

I will be slovenly dressed, as usual.

2 Likes

With the Texans/Cowboys game being the hottest ticket in the state that weekend, I wonder if there will be some contingent of folks that gets priced out of that and decides to go to the UH game instead?

1 Like

I know zero people who watch games by streaming. They watch the games on ESPN, FOX or the major networks…Also, all the highlight shows, shows discussing upcoming games are on the above channels. If youre a college footbal fan, thats what you watch…

1 Like