Houston/Kansas in Mexico City in 2024 in men’s and women’s basketball

5 Likes

So Kansas isn’t coming to Fertita Center next season??

2 Likes

lol i didn’t want to point that out… but looks like we wont have a home game vs the #1 team in the nation.
but in the bigger picture, gaining an edge to potentially be Mexico’s team could pay huge dividends… just wish it was different opponent

2 Likes

I want my refund for season tickets

Jk. Was looking forward to Kansas at Fertita.

The talk of games in Mexico, wasn’t expecting that soon for Mens Hoops. 2025 or 2026 is what i thinking

But cool to be apart of it.

2 Likes

I like it!

2 Likes

So we’re losing the Kansas home game? Is that official?

@pesik

According to Duarte it would be during 2024-25 season.

Not next season. December 2024

2 Likes

Great exposure. Go Coogs!

So, we’re automatically one of the biggest basketball brands in the Big XII upon entry… Nice!

Y’all think we can get a big guy in the portal by then…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Duarte saying it would be part of our non-conference schedule, makes me wonder if we’ll have 3 games against KU.

3 Likes

Think that depends on how we do this season in the B12. Finish Top 4 or higher then I think the league will do all they can to boost UH/KU as a premiere matchup in the conference. But I think both coaches would balk at potentially playing each other 3 times in one season with a possible 4th in the conference tourney.

1 Like

I doubt it’s 3 time…

Big 12 is too big for a round robin … The big 12 already said earlier that for teams that aren’t playing twice he’d consider adding them as an early non conference game… which was something I didn’t like. This fits that bill

1 Like

I love this idea and us being a premier brand. I don’t like that we will not have them at home.

I’m cool with this. Puts a big spotlight on us and our brand. It’s not like this is a one off series with Kansas; we are in the same conference. We will get home games with them eventually.

1 Like

Agree that it would be strange, but whether it’s 1, 2, 3, or 4 games played between the two schools, it’ll look great on our SOS. Looking forward to an awesome opportunity for our University to branch out internationally.

1 Like

I hate this if we lose Kansas as the home game. Of course it would be us. Go ahead and move UT to NRG while you’re at it

1 Like

That’s not what is happening.

9 Likes

Branch out internationally… Again!

1 Like

I like, I like. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like