Houston/Kansas in Mexico City in 2024 in men’s and women’s basketball

I just hope we don’t have any of our bigs go portal lol

2 Likes

Let’s start talking about a convoy. Although a direct flight is quick and cheap

Gotta get airline cards!

About ten years ago I got a Southwest and an American card….pay as many bills, groceries, gas, etc….and then pay off at the end of each month.

Changed my life Rezz.

All trips we take , the airfare is always taken care of…can’t even remember the last time I had to pay cash for plane tickets.

6 Likes

Have we done an international exhibition before? Not familiar, unless you’re referring to our summer team trips.

I carry a Hilton, Southwest, and Hyatt card and I put all my business expenses on them… We have our flights and suite covered.

1 Like

This is what I do but with United.

Pay everything I can with that card and all my travel ends up being “free”.

1 Like

I’ll be going to the México City game for sure…a Trip of a lifetime!!…

1 Like

I do the same with united but my other cards give me more Cashback so I’ve been putting bills on the united card for now.

2 Likes

Cj moore on Twitter just clarified

We will get a home and home this year

We will not get one next year… we will play at Kansas as the only conference game. And then play in Mexico as a nuetral non-conference

I LOVE the idea of playing in Mexico … I hate how it’s being implemented…
Kansas is top 2 in the big 12 every year… if we somehow beat them in Mexico we get no conference benefit … the only game that will affect the standings is playing Kansas at Kansas

5 Likes

That is some BS…

1 Like

Very cool! Learned something new today, a little before my time.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CJMooreHoops/status/1666857009067569179

So basically, without saying it, we gave up our home game in 2024.

5 Likes

To be honest I don’t mind giving up the home game. I’m of the attitude that we will play many good teams in the tournament at neutral sites. This can prepare us for that environment against a really good team. WHat’s the worst thing that will happen? If we can’t beat them without a home court advantage then we aren’t good enough.

The only bad thing is that we won’t get to see Kansas at fertitta that season but maybe it’ll justify the trip to Lawrence.

we won’t get to see Kansas at fertitta

no just one at Kansas. Our admin gave up a premium home game. the other game should be neutral sight also

2 Likes

Did they though? We won’t be playing a full round-robin x 2 schedule. So isn’t this just adding a good non-con game to a year where we wouldn’t have a home game against KU?

7 Likes

we lose the big 12 championship by 1 game to kansas, despite beating them in the “non conference” … they only got the 1 game edge by adjusting to playing us in mexico in a game that didnt count. along with home court advantage beat us in kansas

kansas and houston are too good to not have a home and home next year… this point would make sense for houston vs texas tech or kansas state,…

If the opportunity of playing in mexico wasnt on the table houston/kansas would definitely have a home and home in 24/25… but the most logical matchup for a mexico game, is the top team and the team closest to mexico … and likely removed our home and home to make this work

If y’all haven’t noticed there is a push to get Mexico City, specifically, as an extension of Houston wrt rooting for HOUSTON teams…

Stros, Texans and now Coogs all have been vying for Mexico City’s fan support…

Rockets have China, so…

4 Likes