Houston/Kansas in Mexico City in 2024 in men’s and women’s basketball

I did not realize people in Mexico were college basketball fans.

1 Like

The Astros and Texans have been vying for that?

Interview with Yormark on the future game in Mexico . Explains why game will be considered non-conference

1 Like

BigXII Mexico is official

1 Like

I guess tv sets do matter still and not just university brands…

Unless we play them once the following season and it’s in Houston.

2 Likes

Well. I’ll be in Mexico City to watch the Coogs.
Great City. Lots of fun things to do.

Renewed my season tickets today. I’m ready for my vitamins. B12…… Get it!!!

3 Likes

Doce Grande!

Don’t they rotate teams to go there though? I don’t think it’s necessarily “vying” as it is that their respective leagues are assigning them to go in certain years.

1 Like

Yeah… Sort of… The NFL pushed the Texans, Raiders, Pats and Chiefs in the games played down there… Looks like too many issues with the field ended it…

There’s a reason the Houston and Bay Area teams were chosen in MLB series as well…

My snopes score is half true… :grin:

Kyle speaking Facts!!!

NBA would love to have an expansion team in MX :writing_hand:

1 Like

Arriba La Raza, putosss!

2 Likes

Does the Mexico focus make SDSU a preferable expansion candidate?

I’m pretty lukewarm on the Mexico City game. Not sure there’s much upside to doing this. Hope it’s a fun trip for the players though.

1 Like

i hope they bring our mariachi band to perform

3 Likes

They, most likely, already have one there . . . . . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too bad they aren’t playing the basketball/football in Cancun. Now that would be a selling point to me.

1 Like

The NFL sent the Texans to London several years ago. I think these leagues want exposure there and ask the teams if they would be up for going.

as a regular to CDMX, this is a dream come true!..a UH game near my hometown in Morelos…just avoid the volcano right now :smiley:

7 Likes