Houston Rise Campaign - Football Ops

I have made the same mistake many times but his name is spelled Holgorsen. Easiest way to remember is the two "O"s go together. Wanting to put the “E” first is an easy mistake.

Donating to this instead of a political party is the easiest choice I ever made. Sorry politicians but I stand with my Coogs!

14 Likes

Today’s chronicle says we have half the money for the ops building and will start construction this fall.

1 Like

So we have half the 75mil so they will start building it this fall.

That’s good news.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought I said and why I think it could be as much as 1000 total.

1 Like

Probably forever.

Yeah I know you are right and have spelled it both ways without thinking about it. It would be so easy if he would just change his name to Smith. Or is that Smyth? :wink:

2 Likes

Wonder if we will flip the student section with the band since our team will be entering from that side?

2 Likes

$100/yr x 47,000 students = $4.7 million/year.

No idea what maintenance costs would run on a stadium like ours as it ages.
But yeah I’m thinking that fee may be permanent.

Be nice if they had a real-time donation meter to watch.

Not that I don’t trust you guys.
:wink:

4 Likes

Our measly donations don’t amount to enough to move the meter, but we just do what we can. For example, if 30,000 of us gave $200.00 each that woul only be $6MM. Here’s reality, we won’t get 30,000 to give $200.00 each.

4 Likes

So more seats . I thought Pez said not really more seats but who knows

You’re right. Piss ants don’t amount to much. In reality we will be doing good if we get season
ticket account holders to give $200 each. And that mysterious number is probably only 3,000
max.

Houston’s economy/companies is doing pretty good with the high oil price. We’re probably going to hit some of them up, before Biden takes it away.

2 Likes

What? There were free donuts? I didn’r get one! :angry:

1 Like

The higher the percentage of former students who contribute to their school, the better it is. Even if it is only $10. A lot of the ranking entities use that number in their evaluations. Every new contributor is important for that reason as well.

1 Like

Like Sampson was insinuating, it is time to start fresh with how we raise funds. Our entire system needs a reboot.

As for me I’m just giving a small amount $12/ mo. From football (4) & basketball (3) season tickets to my stadium seat donations to my monthly CP donation I already over spend on a teaching /.coaching salary but I still want to be a apart of the process.

8 Likes

Probably would not go over well with many of the season ticket holders that have those seats already.

$35 million, $75 million is the cost of the football ops building.

That’s not an issue because we are just talking about EZ seating. Just let them know a year in advance.