Houston Roughnecks | 2023 Season

Ok, I didn’t get to see the game, but it was a pretty impressive start, right?

Who are the team’s best players?

What was the attendance?

1 Like

Rock was there

12 Likes

I’ve never watched one of these games from either league. Frankly, I just don’t see a market for this. Saturation of the number one watched sport in America is just bad business IMO. There’s a reason most of these guys couldn’t make a 54-man roster in the NFL.

I’m glad The Rock wants to pursue such a venture and allow these guys to do what they love and possibly get one last shot to prove themselves, but the US market is stretched. More NFL games in Europe is a good idea, but for that to really work long term, Europe would need to adopt the entire American football infrastructure into the schools and their colleges for development.

Participation is on a steep decline here in the US, so I’m not sure how semi-pro football in the late winter/early spring is going to hold up long term.

3 Likes

More money in UH coffers which I like

5 Likes

Considering that most wrestling fans consider Wrestlemania 17 in the Astrodome to this day the best Wrestlemania of all time with the main event being The Rock vs Stone Cold, maybe UH should honor The Rock and Stone Cold with honorary degrees in the the arts and business since they both know how to grow a brand of themselves and make something of it. Could you imagine having The Rock and Steve Austin on the sideline during football games with VIP passes. :grin:

1 Like

I like the idea but Miami and North Texas may get bent out of shape. But,

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THEY THINK!

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if YOU don’t see a market because the data shows there IS a market for Spring football.

Both USFL and XFL games out rate the NBA and MLB during the spring.

Football is KING in the United States and the numbers don’t lie to the advertisers.

4 Likes

1 Like

Can you provide me with a link to back up your claims after week 1 in 2020?

15 minute quarters.
10 minute halftime.
Clock keeps running on out of bounds plays.

They didn’t let anyone in through gate 3 which sucked of you rode the rail.
Concessions looked the same. I went to Chick Fil A
The fans are much rowdier for the Roughnecks than they are for Coog games.

4 Likes

Was there any promotion of UH football ticket sales?

1 Like

No.

D’Eric King now in at QB for the DC Defenders.

i’m sure miami is proud

3 Likes

And proud coogs who understood his circumstances

3 Likes

He quit on us he belongs to miami

6 Likes

Yea it is called denial “proud Coog”

2 Likes

The Houston Gamblers from the USFL are playing their homes in Memphis?

One reason I will not be supporting this version of the USFL. For the 2nd season all league games are played in another host city.

5 Likes