Houston targeting Tulane's Eman Naghavi as co-offensive coordinator,

More money
More duties

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for that second transfer portal to begin. I think UH still has quite a few booms in their arsenal.

1 Like

Great hire!

3 Likes

It was going to be a big recruiting weekend at Tulane.
See a few in Htown next weekend ?

https://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=57064

Need Rivals subscr to see the list.

It feels good to be on the other side of these moves.

13 Likes

Ruthless

It seems like there would be more duties but Iā€™m talking about decision-making. If the OC outranks you then why not call it asst. OC?

Seems like co-anything is just gridlock.

Iā€™m not sure I understand the excitement of making Tulaneā€™s offensive line coach our co-OC. Was their offensive line the key to their success?

It does look like he was successful at ULM as an offensive coordinator, I suppose:

Naghavi produced prolific offenses in four seasons at ULM. For three straight years (2017-19), the Warhawks ranked in the top four in the Sun Belt in total offense and passing offense while the offensive line was third in the league in fewest sacks allowed each of those years. His 2017 unit was No. 2 in the conference and among the Top 25 in FBS in scoring, passing and total offense, including a school-record four 50-point games, all against Sun Belt foes.

I wouldnā€™t mind if he was calling the plays next year. (Really, anyone but Dawson at this point.)

The recruiting stuff seems good.

An unrelated-to-UH asideā€¦

Lance Guidry mentioned above. For those of you who donā€™t recognize the name, he was known for giving a couple pregame speeches as the interim at Miami (OH) and WKU that both went viral. I believe it may have been the basis for the opening of Ted Lasso.

1 Like

Did you watch Tulane play this year? Lol
Their offense is predicated on the runā€¦

4 Likes

See

2 Likes

One of my off-the-wall beliefs is that co-OCā€™s should call the plays sometimes. Especially if the offense is struggling, but really most games. Like one drive in four or five. See if it works. Kind of a backup strategy. Itā€™s painful to watch an offense come in with a losing strategy and all of the eggs are in that basket.

My even more off-the-wall belief is that you should do this with quarterbacks, too. Make swapping quarterbacks more routine and itā€™s not a vote of no-confidence and it takes the air out of ā€œcontroversyā€. Sometimes the better QB has a worse game, for whatever reason. If you start putting the backup in more because what heā€™s doing is working, the assumption remains that the starter will start next week.

2 Likes

I like the hireā€¦ seems like a real up and comer. Hope he can lands us a couple more recruits. We shore up OL a bit we are looking very dangerous next season!

7 Likes

Resume and yes

We got him and Iā€™m excited.

2 Likes

This is a good first step. Second step, kick Dawson out the door. Dawsonā€™s offenseā€¦3rd and 7ā€¦no problem. Letā€™s check the Dawson play chart:

• Draw
  • 6 yard fade
  • 5 yard curl
  • 4 yard out
  • 3 yard slant
  • 2 yard rub route
  • 1 yard tunnel screen
  • 0 yard bubble screen
  • Take a sack
1 Like

I agree, have to be more aggressive on offense!

1 Like

https://gotula.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13825&p=249517#p249517

1 Like

I donā€™t get the Dawson hate. Itā€™s Danaā€™s offense, not Dawsonā€™s. He still has his play calling responsibilities because heā€™s doing what Dana is asking of him. Thatā€™s why he was brought here after being Danaā€™s assistant in West Virginia.

3 Likes

This. The reason why Dana wonā€™t say crap about Dawson. He is doing exactly what Dana wants

1 Like

The thought is that if you can recruit OL to Tulane and develop that next level success that he can do it at Houston

2 Likes

Dawson doesnā€™t need pressure, he needs a different job. Preferably someplace far far away.

3 Likes