Houston targeting Tulane's Eman Naghavi as co-offensive coordinator,

He needs to bring/recruit some linemen.

2 Likes

The OL is always a key to winning teams. QBs throw better when they are upright and not running for their lives. RBs run better when there are holes to run through.

11 Likes

North Dakota State is a perfect example of prioritizing the offensive line. How many championships have they played for?

1 Like

Kansas State is following the same blueprint with the former NDSU coach

2 Likes

Well I’m living in reality and clearly that not happening this year so :man_shrugging:t5: I’m moving on with what we got

I dont understand the hate period. We had 3 new starting OL and missing our freshman all american RB, and after a slow start we had one of the 5th most explosive passing offense in the country. Bringing back OL, getting AMC back, and hiring a rock star OL/run game coordinator. I expect great things from this offense next year

12 Likes

It is the I hate Dana train and cant give the team any glimmer of hope simply because of some almost obsessive hate and bashing of Dana. We are bringig in nice recruits and brought in an offensive coordinator who is also going to be an co-OC when they all said we need a change on offense and they still are not happy.

6 Likes

yes

1 Like

I 100% concur with you. I will add that this might be one of the football most significant hire we have had in years.

5 Likes

I have been skeptical of CDH since he was hired. 12 - 1 gave me some hopes for last year, which unfortunately were dashed. Recent recruiting news and this staff change are giving me some hopes again this year. I hope these hopes play out better than last year’s did. (Of course, moving to a new conference changes the context.)

1 Like

Dana has had a good off-season, and this looks like a great hire.

4 Likes

This is Dana’s 5th year at UH, had 8 years at WV. Changing assistants won’t make much difference. The assistants are not the problem.

That doesn’t seem like apples to apples. There are too many different variables (e.g., recruiting area, access to transfers, assistant coaches) for his WV years to be a one to one comparison to his UH years.

WHAT? Assistants make a huge difference
in teaching technique, use of schemes, and in recruiting
Replacing an assistant who is struggling in several areas with one who has a great background and history at his previous schools is a big factor in improving a team.

9 Likes

All assistants do as you describe. Dana hired all of the assistants he’s ran off. Why will this one be any different?

What a pathetic comment!

6 Likes

Agreed.

The Tulane folks seem to be disheartened by this particular coach leaving.

Said he was a great coach and recruiter.

On paper it seems to be an excellent move.

13 Likes

Dawson has input in the game plan. He is not just reading plays picked by CDH. He is calling the plays, and he does a terrible job at it.

Our short yardage game was bad this year. I hope this leads to major improvement there and good recruits come in

2 Likes

Who would of ever thought a poster that has a T in an orange circle might be a t-sip troll.

1 Like