Houston Texans:2021 Thread

Texans just beating the Jags like a drum in a battle of the bad.
27 to 7 at the half. Tyrod Taylor and Cooks combo going off.
texans

Through half of a game, the Texans lead their division. If that holds, this will be memed into the stratosphere.

1 Like

How bad are the Jags ? Probably 1st pick bad.

Jags and Jets are miserably horrid, both with 1st year HCs. Lawrence and Wilson will look like garbage today and most Sundays though we know both should be very good in future years.

I think this is an aberration, and they’ll figure it out enough to win a couple. If they get the first pick with Trevor Lawrence at the helm, Urban Meyer needs to go win a natty at Notre Dame next year.

Sitting here with the common folks in the 600 section there are a lot of excited folks. But after each score or INT someone mentions that they need to calm down, this is the Jags.

Reminds me of some folks thinking we turned a corner by hanging 40 on Rice.

Also, Trevor is not doing well. Should be interesting to see how he handles losing 12-14 times this year after only losing 2 or 3 times in college and never in high school.

3 Likes

I think what we’ve seen so far is reason for hope. I unironically, completely seriously had the Texans going 0-17 this year. The fact that they look like a credible NFL team is a huge and welcome surprise. They won’t be good, but they might at least be watchable.

3 Likes

“Unironically”? I think I’m getting dizzy and am going to fall down.

1 Like

I heard some NFL pundits mention the Texans as a “surprise” team & take the over.
Over was 4 most of the summer. Up to 5 now.

Not good but a team bringing in 30 + hardened NFL veterans was never going to be the worst/ 0-17.

1 Like

Anyone notice Fernando Lovo on the sidelines for Jaguars? He was on lyin’ Tom’s staff at UH and UT.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/front-office-roster/fernando-lovo

Lol Herman’s little shadow

1 Like
D I V I S I O N
L E A D I N G
H O U S T O N
T E X A N S
2 Likes

I’m just going to put this out there and see how we feel about it – Houston Cougars Head Coach Tim Kelly?

Herman brought Lovo w him when he came from tOSU to Houston. So the connection is Lovo worked under Meyer at tOSU.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1437159745035571202?s=20

1 Like

Granted, this was the first quarter, but does seem to show Houston fans support winners, tolerates others. Didn’t find any pics of later in the game, so it could be just a late (as usual) arriving crowd.

Our game last week looked better

Yep … he continues to hold his title of …

Lawrence of Aflopia …

3 INTs … a lot of dropped/hurried passes … and a LOT OF $$$ paid for what may turn to be the most overrated QB coming out college …