Houston Texans set to hire San Francisco 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans | khou.com

5 Likes

Happy for him but I truly hope he’s actually given a chance to turn things around. Especially since he’s a hometown favorite.

3 Likes

Not official until the ink’s dry. Looks like it will be soon, but if there’s anything ive learned about this franchise its that its never too late for them to screw the pooch.

3 Likes

He’s safer than just about any coach in the NFL.

He will have at least 4 years to do something after the last two cluster$&@!s

2 Likes

I’ve bashed McNair as much as anyone on this site, but if this is the hire I’ll give the devil his due. Ryans looks like a coach who gets it. He still needs the talent though, but he looks to be a solid coach in the making.

5 Likes

This will be the first decent thing the franchise has done in at least six years. He’ll need time to sort out the mess, but at least there’s a slight reason for optimism.

Hope he assembles a good staff and Casserio stay out of the way

I don’t know why the Texans don’t give Shane Steichen more considerations after watching what he has done to improve the Eagles’ offense. He has turned a bad Eagles’ offense into an elite offense within just a couple years. His offense has annihilated both the Giants and the 49ers in the playoffs. In a head-to-head competition his offense handedly trounced DeMeco’s defense! I understand the desire of Texans fans to want DeMeco to be the Texans head coach since he was a former player for the team, a very popular one at that, but we have got to think with our brain instead of with our heart and emotion when it comes to making an important decision of this magnitude for the team.

Frankly, although everybody in Houston is clamoring for DeMeco, I think Shane Steichen is a better strategist and would make a better head coach. I think DeMeco would be a good head coach as well, especially considering how popular he is in Houston and how he would ignite this fanbase and help the team sell a lot more tickets, but if we based our decision on who would be a better head coach my vote would go to Shane Steichen.

Bryce Young & Demeco Ryans are a great start to bringing a winning attitude towards the franchise!!!

1 Like

I wonder if he can get some players from San Fran’s defense to follow him. :thinking:

1 Like

They’ll have the 2nd most money to spend after they trade Brandin Cooks this offseason!!!

1 Like

Demeco to Texans official!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LandryLocker/status/1620535874546204672

FOR THE H!!!

1 Like

I think they hired a good one. Congratulations to Coach Ryan.

1 Like

6 year deal?

Jesus Christ. I hope this is the one, but Texans continue to play themselves

Hannah stepped in, gave Cal some new skins to try on Fortnight. Distracted him long enough for her to tell Nick to do his thing.

3 Likes

I think Ryans will be a very good HC and will turn the Texans around. He just needs to get a good OC and some good players. As long as a defensive coach realizes that he needs a good OC and lets the OC do his thing, he should do well. But, just because he has a defensive background does not mean he doesn’t have offensive knowledge. In order to stop an offense, one has to know and understand the offense.

2 Likes

Finally, Great News!

1 Like

They didn’t “play themselves “.

After the last two one year debacles the next coach( or at least a good one) was only coming with a 5-6 year contract.
Demeco is getting a minimum of 4 years to make it work even if it doesn’t……So from a Texans standpoint let’s say it doesn’t work out, you are only paying him another two years….no way he’s not here minimum of four years.

Having said all that I think this is a homerun hire and after four years you have a bit of leverage while working on his extension.

1 Like

Good way of looking at it

1 Like