Houston to the New Mexico Bowl (in Frisco)

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1337040371667382275?s=20

3 Likes

In a normal year I’d be disappointed in going to the New Mexico Bowl. That’s because the team would’ve had a ragingly mediocre season. But this is year, it’s kind of whatever, cool an extra fan be maybe and some practices and a game that is a bit more meaningless than what appears to be a pretty meaningless season.

10 Likes

New Mexico Bowl in Frisco?

Edit: Oh. It’s being played in Frisco this year

2 Likes

In order to get some UH fans to attend the game, Albuquerque was probably not a viable option. Assuming a MWC opponent - it could be someone like Air Force or Nevada or Colorado State…

1 Like

I would rather have attended the game in Albuquerque.

8 Likes

Would you have brought Tonto along with you?

1 Like

Too bad it wasn’t the Potato Bowl. So many pun opportunities.

What are we supposed to do with New Mexico? “I hope we clean up Opponent X like the Feds did at the Roswell crash site?” Just doesn’t fly.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1337050543835975689?s=20

4 Likes

Christmas Eve? I wonder how many will go with Xmas the next day? At least it’s not to far of a drive to be back home for Xmas day I guess

3 Likes

At least the weather is projected to be nice for a drive up and the game:

Like I said in an earlier post, our (AAC) minor bowls will be mostly tv events, which is okay in this ridiculous year. NM is dealing with a major outbreak, so I’m sure the solution was to move the venue, keep the name, so Albuquerque will get some split of tv revenue, and keep the bowl committee and volunteers for next year, rather than folding shop.

I am just very glad to have a bowl game, and the extra practice. And, we can spend more time recruiting that area. Especially Tyler !!!

3 Likes

I did not realize the University of New Mexico actually moved its program to Nevada in order to play football. Interesting article. I only post to share more info on why the game was moved. Let’s stay away from the political hot potato (oops, wrong bowl!) that could come from reading this:

1 Like

New Mexico is pretty much completely shut down. So much so that UNM is playing its home games in UNLVs old stadium in Vegas.

2 Likes

I’m guessing we are no infer looking for a dec 19th game with a dec 24th bowl.

2 Likes

New Mexico Bowl moved to the far reaches of east Albuquerque.

Seriously, the only good thing about this will be the extra practice.

2 Likes

Lol! I thought the same thing or a typo or autocorrect which get me alot.

I guess this projection is out then…
Military Bowl Presented by Perspecta
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Annapolis, Maryland)
2:30 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Virginia vs. Memphis
Schlabach: Virginia vs. Houston

1 Like

Not sure what the bowl qualifications are but I’ll look at this as a positive. More practice time and one more game to play. UH definitely needs that!

5 Likes

Eight bowls for our conference is huge.

1 Like

We can’t finish conference play but we’re going bowling.

3 Likes