Houston to the New Mexico Bowl (in Frisco)

Bowls are even more of a farce this year than usual. Does the university still have to pay for a large allotment of tickets?

1 Like

Would you guys like some cheese to go with that whine?

If our guys want to play another game this year, why should our fans complain about it? It doesn’t make any sense to me. If UH gets an invitation to a bowl game, you guys can choose to go and support the UH FB team or you can choose to sit it out.

10 Likes

I hope they get to go to the bowl, another reason to get drunk, eat a ton of wings, and watch the coogs play!!!

2 Likes

I hope the kids get to play in a bowl. I won’t be able to make it on Christmas Eve; we have longstanding family plans for that day every year and nothing will change it other than illness.

2 Likes

If San Jose State is the matchup, they just beat a really good Nevada team tonight.

3 Likes

I’d be happy playing an undefeated San Jose State team.

1 Like

Bowls are already a money losing event, this year would sink us even deeper into the red.

The players may want to play, but it doesn’t make financial sense.

Bowls never make financial sense. What’s the difference if we go this year as opposed to others. If you get an invite, you go. Always.

2 Likes

Bottom line: you NEVER deny the players a) a reward for their hard work, or b) the opportunity for additional practice to build for next season, by refusing a bowl invite.

The year that we beat Pitt with Greg Ward, there were people on THIS board, prior to the game, saying that we should refuse that bowl invite.

Gosh, did those people ever end up looking dumb!

5 Likes

Thanks for weighing in Mr. Pezman, I mean Dr. Khator, I meant Regent x.

1 Like

Bowl bids should be EARNED< just like they used to be
3-4 doesnt earn anything
coach wants that extra practice? Then put a team on the field that doesnt have a losing record
Even Apple and Levine managed to do THAT!

3 Likes

If either one of them wants to foot the bill, more power to them. But it’s financially irresponsible and would beg the question of fiduciary duty.

In an ordinary year, I would agree with you. Actually, I’d love to see the criteria be raised from 6 to 7 wins to play in a bowl. If you haven’t noticed, this isn’t an ordinary year. Let the kids play.

3 Likes

Under normal circumstances, I would say no, we don’t deserve a bowl. But, after everything they’ve gone through this year, they deserve some kind of reward.

Would it be financially responsible? No. But, sometimes, you just have to be financially irresponsible.

3 Likes