Houston to the SEC?

Sec prob won’t happen but UT and A$M can’t block us bc if the sec did want us , they would simply say, line up and vote right like they told a$m on UT and OU. It would be that same way.

1 Like

First, Vandy has the luxury of having been in the SEC for the past 80+ years.

Second, how does UH tv viewership stack up to the SEC average?

The historians here will tell you that we had at least two legitimate opportunities to join the SEC.

Who know? Better people than I were the deciders.

It’s nice to dream once in awhile…

NFC East or bust!

4 Likes
1 Like

Local college station newscaster reporting UH to the SEC.

5 Likes

I would like for someone to show evidence that the SEC ever invited us. Never happened.1

1 Like

Butch, we’ve been bs’ing and lying to each other for years on this site. What is this “evidence” thing you are talking about? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Never gonna happen

Any factual article would help. I keep hearing this talk about us to SEC. Not that I have ever been in the know but never once heard a confirmed report that we ever got an invite.
But if it makes people feel good then I guess I should leave it alone lol.
Go Coogs!

MTH

Do you go to UH games?

I would hope that the sec viewership is better. They are placed on College Gameday every week and get the prime time slot, and play Bama and LSU and Georgia. They have their own playoff invitational as well. I would hope that with all of that, their viewership would be better than if they were forced to play ECU and Tulane on Thursday nights.

4 Likes

Butch:

I wasn’t around until the 80s but I sort of remember that some of our more trustable and grounded and good-headed older posters said that there was something firm a year or two before the SWC invite.

This happens often on UH Facebook groups but I laugh every time I see it. Inevitably, someone writes about how dumb Khator and the AD are for not applying to and/or joining the SEC or BIG. They honestly believe that you just pick a conference and join it.

2 Likes

I’m with Butch on this one. I don’t think that we ever received an invite.

I know there has been some talk on this board by at least one person I consider reliable, but my point is there was never any discussions on the radio or newspapers.
I was fairly close to all of our coaches along with Ted Nance (SID) from the late ‘60s and can honestly say I never heard a whisper from anyone until SWC talk started in early ‘70s.
Normally when something that big starts up it is virtually impossible to keep from press

2 Likes

You put UH in SEC and the TV numbers would be comparable with rest.

7 Likes

It was little before my time, but I thought we had invites from the SEC and SWC and CBY advocated for the SWC and that’s how we went.

2 Likes