Houston vs Tulane (Line Tulane -5)

Plus we still have a passive, predictable defense

1 Like

How hard is it for some posters to understand? The defense we played against WSU was purposely done that way due to the great O-line they had. WSU did not give up a single blitzing sack last year. With UH inexperience and lack of depth in the secondary it made complete sense to not rush a bunch of lineman and leave the secondary vulnerable against a team with a great O-line that doesn’t give up sacks. The defense we played against WSU in not the prototypical defense that UH will run this year.

3 Likes

How is the line bigger? What changed from Saturday (Tulane last game) to Tuesday? Is it because we lost a linebacker for the year? I think everything else is the same. Vegas just trying to get people to bet?
#GoCoogs!

1. It’s Thursday night - I don’t want you to miss the game.
  2. Fritz is a good coach and Tulane could definitely win by 3 or by 3 TDs. But who has Tulane beaten over the last two seasons that impresses? Memphis and ULaLa? This is why it surprises me that Tulane is favored by more than a FG after decent showings by UH against OU and WSU. It feels more like a Pick Em
1 Like

Their DC tipping his hand? :thinking:

He did lead us in PBs last year.

1 Like

Not only that but it worked. Others have commented and I agree, that our defense did well against WSU. Do you think anyone else will hold them to 31 points this year? I don’t. When our offense breaks through, we’ll be fine.

4 Likes

There’s a reason they brought in so many transfers. I agree, the talent across the board isn’t what we are used to having

Tulane is playing better than we are. Offense disappeared in the second half vs both PVAM and WSU and has generally been erratic.

1 Like

Everyone wants to keep King in the pocket. O-line needs to come together, receivers need to get separation and CATCH THE BALL.

4 Likes

We need to utilize more flares to the running backs. Nearly every college team is abusing that route as the primary check down these days. I haven’t seen that very much with CDH however. With how clunky their line is we need them to run sideline to sideline before we can run right at them. We could wear them down without the running back taking hits from the front 7; that also sets up a pump and go situation, where you fake the flare and hit Stevenson on a deep post or go route. This is assuming they continue blitz like they have been.

2 Likes

Biggest issue has been WRs getting open in man coverage

3 Likes

If they do not learn to plant a foot when they make a cut, they will never get separation. Have to stop rounding their cuts.

2 Likes

Cool. I give him credit for improving last season (without much coaching too). Still doesn’t change that Damarion has been a better cover corner and that the reason Johnson was drafted was because of his size, speed, and potential.

2 Likes

Ok, when did Tulane play “better than” us in the last 3 days? Wasn’t the line decided Sunday @ 2.5points? After our games concluded.
Not really a big deal, but I don’t see the increase in the spread with no reported changes in either team over the last 3 days. Doesn’t matter anyway, we’re taking them down!
#GoCoogs!

2 Likes

The increase in the spread is due to the fact that anyone who has watched the two teams is hammering Tulane at the max.

For a spread to go up 2.5 points for a Thursday AAC matchup there are a LOT of gamblers playing Tulane.

3 Likes

Tulane is much better than Rice and Utep this year. Not saying much tho lol

3 Likes

I think we’re gonna destroy them. We’re sick of being 1-2. We’re better than this and we’re better than them.

6 Likes

Dan, thanks
finally, a sensible post! Tulane basically same team we beat 48-17 last year
WHY? Because we are better than they are
They lose 24-6 to an average Auburn team who CANT throw the ball, and beat a couple lower level patsies and suddenly theyre better than us?? DONT THINK SO!
We played a vastly tougher schedule than they have and it will show on the field Thursday

7 Likes