Houston vs Tulane (Line Tulane -5)

Add another…and I will be there in the stands with my fellow Coogs !!! All Aboard !!!

3 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know what some of you have been watching, but this is clearly the least talented team we’ve had since pre-Kolb.

We have a d2 defense except for one player. Our safety play is so ridiculously bad that we might as well have 9 out there. We just played an entire 60 minutes in prevent defense and still gave up 440 yds passing. We could not generate a push or pass rush against a d2 team over 60 minutes. Our QB, who is talented, can’t throw to the far side of the field or the screen pass - which happen to be the cornerstone of the new coach’s offense. Our OL gets beat early and often and is hanging on for dear life, and getting called for it.

Dana running clock from start to finish is the only reason this hasn’t been ugly. Any win this year is a gift. I’ll be at all the games and cheering for victory, but if Dana doesn’t recruit like a monster get ready for a long couple seasons.

2 Likes

Espn app shows Tulane -4 now…

Per recruiting average the talent here is around what it’s always been. There are positions in question but as many have stated, and like many understand (except for the ones who don’t read the board and just post), the team is improving every week. If you can’t see that then maybe it’s time to stop chugging the box score and really watch the games objectively. The schedule does NOT get harder as we improve(save UCF). How’s that a combination for failure? But by all means, keep regurgitating the same tired incorrect narrative.

3 Likes

so you are saying all of our previous teams since Kolb would have beaten OU soundly and WSU would have been a cupcake win for us? Of course!

3 Likes

I also think he’s trying to say that we were more talented last year than Tulane but some how they leaped us in team talent in one recruiting class. lol We’ll let the subs determine that.

2 Likes

I 1000% agree that the defense is improving every week. The defense is still not good, but I thought they were good enough to win on Friday. However, my non-coach, non-analyst, fan-only eyes have not seen much, if any improvement in the offense. King’s lack of accuracy is still so bizarre to me. He seems to be off balance on his throws. As teams figure out how to bottle up his running game (and they will), if his accuracy doesn’t improve, it’s going to be a really frustrating year for us. FWIW, I thought we should have run the ball more than we did against WSU. They were having a really hard time stopping us and with King’s accuracy woes, I would have rather stuck with what was working.

3 Likes

We dropped 4 NFL players on defense including one that could collapse a side of the OL by himself…

1 Like

his detailed, the sky is falling analysis of the team this year is borderline troll bait. It couldn’t have been written any better by a tee shirt fan from some Texas school that has a strong dislike for UH.

2 Likes

The fact that you can’t bring yourself to point out a single thing and argue it, and instead rely on this nonsense is all we need to know about your argument.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I agree. Something is clearly off, but even last game he was still responsible for 3 TDs. If he can continue to give us 21 himself, and the RBs split around 2, then we should have enough to be in games and win them. Tulane just offers the unique challenge of our strength versus their strength. But who knows, the light might come on for King. He was inaccurate some throws last game, but he also had some guys drop passes, so he’s slightly improving. He needs to make a leap in New Orleans.

Here’s a math problem for you. Person A has 100 dollars while person B has 30 dollars. Person A spends 20 dollars at Academy on a Coog t-shirt. Who has more money, person A or person B?

Tulane still isn’t there yet depth-wise.

1 Like

A single thing? OK, how about we have an excellent running game and put 241 yards on the #4 team and 239 yards on Washington St.?

I would rather be happy about the positives and believe CDH is working on the negatives than trash the whole team and suggest we are lucky to win a single game. You said any win is a gift. It must be dark in the bottom of that well you are in

5 Likes

I see what you’re saying. And I’m not trying to say Tulane out talents us. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t go into any game this year against a d1 opponent and expect to win it. It is going to take perfect playcalling, execution, and our NB continuing to play like a monster every snap of every play for us to win ballgames.

We are not the team that can just walk into Tulane anymore.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree friend. We nearly fell into a win against Wazzu, but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. No college football team is without mistakes (as stated prior to the Wazzu game). We’re going to get some stops, the question will be how will we respond when we make mistakes?

We never were that team that could walk into Tulane. Ask Applewhite (@ Tulane, Tulsa, SMU). Without focus then you won’t win any games, talent doesn’t matter in that case. However, that’s the difference with this team compared to the past two seasons. There’s a level of focus and energy( go back and look at the players after they make a good play) that is coming back. CDH will have a plan, because he is very bright and has had a plan for every opponent we’ve faced. Applewhite and our last DC would be still scratching their heads by halftime.

what I don’t get is after coming off a 70 point beatdown by Army we start the season against some pretty tough opponents and do respectable. I was holding my breath through the 1st qtr of the OU game because I thought my worst fears were true, we were going to be embarrassed on national tv and the Army game was just a precursor to what was to come.

I know every game is going to be a struggle but I am not suggesting we will be lucky to win any games like some on here. I get that people are diverse and they interpret things differently but to already suggest we suck after playing 2 ranked teams in our first 3 games is simply a defeatist mentality and is not realistic. It isn’t realistic to think we are going to win the remainder of our games either but why not believe it is possible? That isn’t Pollyanna, it is thinking positively. Success comes in cans, not cannots.

7 Likes

None so blind as he who will no see . . . . .

Line up to 5 points

For those of you who don’t understand why Tulane is favored over UH this year, you should look up Tulane’s coach “Willie Fritz” very impressive coaching history on wikipedia. As a college FB head coach he has won ~70% of his games after taking over mostly historically losing programs.

It is sure to be a Battle Royal or maybe (one block over on Bourbon Street) a Battle Bourbon in New Orleans this Thursday night!

1 Like

I think you mean 3 and Oliver didn’t play against Tulane so he doesn’t matter in the conversation. Also Damarion is already a better CB than Johnson was (drafted for size and potential, not results).

2 Likes