How good will womens hoops be?

The women have played a cream puff schedule thus far…doubtful we will really know how good they are until we open Big 12 play with Tech…

3 Likes

Why didn’t Laila Blair play against New Orleans?

1 Like

True, but years past, even recent years, we would not be 4-0. Now at least, at worst, we will be 4-? but hopefully we win a bunch and go NITing?

2 Likes

#31 in RalTime as of today. That’s been a while!

2 Likes

Welp we took a huge step backwards tonight against Middle Tennessee. And it was really ugly.
Can’t wait for Big 12 lol

1 Like

First team we play who is even slightly mediocre and we lose by 25 at home.

It’s why I didn’t post after 4-0.

Hoping for the best but expecting nothing.

2 Likes

According to the box score, MTSU played only 6 players with 4 playing the full 40 minutes.

1 Like

NOTHING CHANGED, AND WILL NOT CHANGE, UNTIL THERE IS A CHANGE AT THE TOP :grimacing: :unamused:

3 Likes

LOL. it’s November!!

They’ll be fine.

I’ll still watch and support.

GoCoogs.

Forget all the haters.

2 Likes

They should win their next 4/5 maybe 5/5 before getting into the thick of things. Hopefully they jell more and at least have 8-9 wins so far…

Nothing to do with hate, just wanting the program, just like any other UH program, to be successful.
But it does seem to be the same every year. With our facilities and being in the tough Big 12, everything should be in place for Hughey to start landing top local prospects.
I do agree that I will watch as many games as I can and root for the Coogs…

1 Like

Down to 141 from 31 in Real Time RPI due to the beat down from an undermanned WKU team at home and another win over a SWAC team…

1 Like

Coach Ron Hughey and Peyton McFarland after @uhcougarwbb’s 79-59 win over FAMU. Peyton scored 21 in the game. #ncaawbb #gocoogs The Houston Roundball Review on Instagram: "Coach Ron Hughey and Peyton McFarland after @uhcougarwbb's 79-59 win over FAMU. Peyton scored 21 in the game. #ncaawbb #gocoogs"

1 Like

Maybe, but UTSA on the road (even though their best player is out for the year) is not a given. And Rice at home will be close too (I think last year that was a double overtime loss at their place?). Washington State there is probably a loss, but that’s another team that really hasn’t played anyone so their record is misleading.

Doesn’t really matter because the Big 12 is so tough in women’s basketball. Any conference win will be a bonus at this point.

Middle Tennessee, not Western Kentucky. And I don’t know if they were undermanned - they just don’t play their bench, period. Anyway, that MTSU team went on to lose to Belmont by a decent margin.

1 Like

Beat A&M Commerce, then will beat TSU. The games against both UTSA and then Washington should show what we have.

1 Like

The UH/ TSU game at 11:am on ESPN+

1 Like

That was ugly for TSU

Almost blew a 20 point halftime lead but hold on to win at UTSA 66-64

3 Likes

On the road against a decent team. I’ll take it. Baby steps.

1 Like