I can't f*&%ing coach this sh$%

To be fair to Duarte and the media, this was by far the most interesting thing that happened at the game today.

4 Likes

I can’t -#+#+ post about this @+!

Lol please don’t flag. Already have one for the day. 1st all time. :rofl::rofl:

We should switch out our “Let’s go win some games” shirts for “I can’t f*&%ing coach this sh$%”. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s that big a deal but most of you would be giggling like little school girls if Herman was caught saying the same at UT. So it’s no big deal to us, but I totally get others enjoying the story.

3 Likes

Can someone post a link?

A lot of my persuasion or view on CDH has been because of him. Lol. I trust him because he’s close to the program. He does sound ANTI-Holgorsen, tho and more of a fan than year’s past.

And by the number of replies in this thread and on social media, you understand why that’s the case. Media outlets have to make a profit as much as used car lots. The PBS NewsHour isn’t the standard though maybe it should be.

5 Likes

Coaches say stuff like this all the time. He just happened to get caught with a sideline mic.

2 Likes

It wasn’t just Duarte. My sports app (TheScore) sent out an alert on it as soon as it happened (or as soon as they got wind of it).

1 Like

The most memorable moment of a forgettable game.

5 Likes

We don’t understand the disdain against Duarte right now
 Whenever we brought in the dunk signs for basketball season he came up to us and had a conversation about it, history behind it, etc.

It is not Duarte personally, but the HC as an organization. They have covered or (NOT covered) the UH poorly and many times with disdain over the last 40 years.

To be fair, they give poor coverage to ALL local non-professional teams. I realize that this is probably not atypical in large cities with pro-sports teams.

I dropped my subscription many years ago for this and other reasons. They are a dying industry. I shall not shed a tear !

3 Likes

I love it. I hope he keeps screaming.

2 Likes

Can’t blame Duarte or any other posting on any other website.

They were folks here, myself included, who were posting about it with disdain seconds after it happened.

When I first responded to this thread, Duarte was not on my mind at all. While I follow him on Twitter, I rarely look at Twitter and I had no idea that he retweeted it.

I was frustrated with our “fans” who made it a big deal. There were quite a few threads where people complained about using curse words, found that the statement indicated that coach was incompetent, or had lost the team or whatever.

These are illogical conclusions. These were gross overreactions. I didn’t get it. I particularly didn’t get it with regard to Cougar fans.

I remember when a video came out with Art telling the team to “Put that [poop] on paper.” The reaction was polar opposite. Maybe it’s all about personality. Art was folksy. Dana is more private. Art was glib. Dana is subdued. Art was folksy even when he was worked up. Dana looks like he might have a stroke or heart attack when he’s worked up.

For whatever reasons, it’s tiresome and pointless. Dana’s not going anywhere for a number of years unless he chooses to. And people who repeat these and similar attacks constantly on this board are boorish and boring.

I don’t have a problem with Duarte.

5 Likes

I wish we would hear that from the concessions managers at TDECU.

5 Likes

First, I don’t care that Holgs said this. Football coaches say stuff like this. We all know that.

I don’t think it can be compared to what Briles said though. Briles was trying to pump his team up and dropped the phrase you mentioned. Holgs dropped an f bomb and compared his team to the same word Briles used. I just don’t think the two situations are comparable.

That said, I largely agree with you. This is a nothing burger. And, Duarte is just doing his job. He didn’t make this a story. It was already that.

3 Likes

We could have Apple Boy standing on the sidelines, arms folded, staring at the video board trying to figure out where he is !:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Like this?

9 Likes

Ha! Great photo!

1 Like

I heard worse from my junior high and high school coaches along with being booted in the butt or whapped with the whistle strap to encourage me to get my tail down in my stance. But that was back when boys were expected to be tough physically and emotionally, to suck it up and get better. I don’t know if any are still alive; but I am pretty sure I know what they would be saying about todays pansy attitudes. I wonder just what these pansy pushers would think about the language drill instructors in boot camp use toward boots.

2 Likes