I have a newfound respect for Pence!

I don’t feel sorry for that fool.

But yeah, had he conceded defeat early on, and then said, we’ll be back, see you in 2024…given that high inflation, high gas prices, and a foreign policy fiasco were all it took to sink Carter, yeah…he might have made a comeback.

3 Likes

All this is separating the wheat from the chaff, in my mind.

I’m seeing all kings of rationalizations for some pretty disgusting behavior. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

Did you notice that none of the questions that I asked are being answered?
Since clearly you do not want to engage in an open dialog I will ask you this question, just this one.
Why did the entire swamp and mainstream media went after him for five years?

The mainstream media always goes after whoever is in office. It goes with the territory.

In the case of Trump, he simply gave them plenty of ammunition. I don’t feel any sympathy for the likes of Trump. Not sure why you do.

1 Like

Because the mainstream media went after Trump 100x more than Biden. Unbelievable that people cannot see that. And when they could not find anything, they made it up. And Biden gets softballs thrown at him when he cant string two coherent sentences together. Even the fact checkers lied about Trump, and went away as soon as Biden started lying.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

Nothing in here was made up and 7, count them S.E.V.E.N. Republican Senators voted to convict.

Excerpt:
There are multiple criminal investigations currently swirling around former president Donald Trump. The Justice Department is investigating the Jan. 6 riot in Washington and attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election, with Attorney General Merrick Garland vowing to pursue those criminally responsible “at any level.” Prosecutors in Georgia are investigating Trump’s alleged efforts to interfere with the election results in that state. New York prosecutors are investigating Trump and his businesses for potential fraud.

But nearly three years ago, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III presented an exhaustive report detailing almost a dozen instances of possible obstruction of justice by Trump in connection with the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The five-year statute of limitations on the first such instance — Trump’s alleged request to then-FBI Director James B. Comey to drop the criminal investigation of disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn — expires on Feb. 14. Other acts of possible obstruction soon will be similarly time-barred.

I sure didn’t see a lot being made up. I saw Trump give them too much ammunition. You know, like separating families at the border, making fun of a disabled man, claiming a Hispanic couldn’t be a judge, saying that there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville (uh…no there weren’t…that march was organized by two well-known and infamous white supremacists, one of whom was Richard Spencer, founder of the “alt-Right.”), declining to denounce QAnon during the campaign, even when prompted to, giving the Proud Boys a dog whistle in the debates when he should have been condemning them, calling COVID a “hoax,” yada, yada, yada.

It’s EASY for the media to have a field day with ANY politician that does that.

The press hasn’t been easy on Biden either, but to the extent that the press may have been easier on him, it’s simply because Biden doesn’t do as good a job as Trump does of painting a big bullseye on his own chest.

Trump makes himself a very easy target with that sort of lunacy.

1 Like

I almost naturally recycled with:
“The mainstream media always goes after whoever is in office”
Your answer is so disingenuous that did not even notice the FIVE YEARS"
Your biased opinion clearly came through again. Nobody but nobody could have the audacity saying, writing that Mr. Trump the candidate, Mr. Trump the President or Mr. President Trump has, was and is being treated fairly.
Ie your honor:
None other than nothoodenoughforrecyclingcnn ratings.
They are gone almost entirely. The sane can be said for demsmnbc.
Oh yeah the big bad orange man puts everybody in cages. Look we have proof…
Drum roll UHlaw97

Cages? Cages you said?
Oh no bussssssted obama had the cages…nice try.
Trump in office? Illegal goes down drastically.
Today there a 300% Fentanyl increase…separated at the border? What your son or daughter dying from Fentanyl?
Do you have any children? I do and the current border crisis has exploded under the ice cream man.
You are going to keep on lying regarding Charlottesville.
Oh no Reuters is now reporting that the ice cream did endanger our troops. It is now reported that the same ice cream man approved the Nord steam pipeline against his inyel team.
You can’t make that stuff up. Oh gas is now at a seven year high.
You can’t admit the truth is more like it.
Such a terrrrrrterrrrrrrible orange man he is.

I didn’t say cages.

I said SEPARATING FAMILIES.

Show me where Obama did the same

You can’t,

Hey listen. I don’t like illegal immigration, but you don’t separate families purely on that basis. That’s just inhuman.

Trump did it, Obama didn’t. It’s that simple. So if you want to know why Trump was treated differently on this, THAT’S WHY. There is a difference there, one in which Trump is comparatively worse.

I at least hope that you can at least understand that much.

You can’t handle the facts buddy bubba.

You apparently can’t.

Trump separated families, Obama didn’t.

Those are the FACTS.

That makes Trump worse and a comparatively bigger media target on that issue.

Again, I’m sorry if you can’t understand that.

I am very disappointed that you do not have the humble, yes humble humility that you can’t accept that Mr. President Trump was treated like the worst possible scum even before he sat behind the big desk. It clearly shows how you align yourself with the swamp.

This is how meaningful, wholesome and enlightening discussions get closed.

That’s not the fact, the process at the border was started under Obama. The difference is that the media covered for BO and acted likethe mouthpiece of the Dem party when Trump took over.

This is where learning when to say “no comment” comes in handy.

You said it I didn’t.

One only notice what they want to notice.

Good one friend but who came up with buddy Bubba? Oh yeah you can clearly see/read where it started. Care to chime in uhlaw97

Is this better?

Rule for thee but not for me. It goes both ways friend.