I hope Holgorsen understands the opportunity he has

Yeah, the last two coaches we fired won an average of 7.5 games their last two seasons before being dismissed. She said we fire coaches for going 8-4 after basically doing it to Levine and then did so again to Applewhite.

3 Likes

UH did in Applewhite’s case.

CDH should be held to the same standard this year

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been trying to tell people. Recruiting is extremely important, and we are running about 5th in the AAC. That shows what the future holds. And we only have 1 recruit for the 2022 season. Even if Houston has a successful season, 5th rated recruiting classes in the AAC are not going to get it done.

Recruiting is an enormous problem. Cinci is going to dominate this conference the way OU, Bana, Ohio State, and Clemson dominate theirs. And there is nothing Dana can do about it but watch Cinci make the playoffs every year.

We are not going to benefit from this as long as we have a head coach that pulls the 5th place recruiting class in conference every year.

4 Likes

Two winning seasons? King flourished under him? A ton of success on the field until an insane rash of injuries completely depleted the team and defensive line? No one knows what Applewhite’s 3rd year was going to look like. All we know is that Holgi has been a nightmare. No one is lining for Applewhite. We are pining for wins and a competitive team.

4 Likes

What do you mean RK said that in jest???

We fired Tony Levine after an 8 win season. We fired Major Applewhite after an 8 win season.

Yeah that ole RK, get a few drinks in her and she always says things she doesn’t mean.

If I were Dana I would win nine games.

3 Likes

Renu wasn’t being facetious. She meant what she said, and has proven that by doing exactly that.

CDH had better win 9 or more.

9 Likes

Don’t all teams have injuries? A lack of depth is due to recruiting

3 Likes

That’s correct. Injuries are to be expected and that’s why recruiting & developing depth is so important.

1 Like

LOL. You clearly don’t understand how many injuries we had.

1 Like

Not to the level that happened that year. It might be the most injuries UH has ever had. I have no idea how to find that. It was catastrophic.

Same. There’s a reason why he’s a Sun Belt OC (i.e. one step from FCS) 3 years after getting fired here.

Nebraska fired Solich at 9-3.

1 Like

and u see how that worked out for them they have been bad

1 Like

I think later firing Pelini for going 9-3 had more of an impact.

So this is another anti CDH thread?

and they are still paying for it amongst other decisions.

4 Likes

I guess you didn’t watch the Memphis, Temple, and Army games all within 2 months before Dana took over. That offense was fools gold with also a bottom 5 in the country ToP which killed our defense even worse than how thin it was with a 120+/- ranked defense in the land.

We were in bad shape. It was pretty obvious.

Briles took that same offense to FSU the next year and that bottom 5 ToP offense and he got his head coach and the entire staff fired the next year for it again help shred their defense and he didn’t come close to producing the same amount in a P5 conference compared to G5 football.

Their staff was stupid for letting him put their D out there with all that exposure which caused poor performance again on the D side.

3 Likes

It started with the SMU game. The offense was terrible and destroyed our defense. That game it was clear cut that Applewhite was not a head coach and that Briles offense can hurt you just as bad as it helps you.

2 Likes

you mean the games when deriq king was hurt??? and we scored 49 on temple
how does any of that prove your point at all

and we are going to use briles not magically turning a bad fsu around in 1 season to state the offense is bad, and not the 12 year track record of success

and our 2018 time of possession is almost identical to the time of possession for all our pre-herman teams, including the 2011 13-1 team
 so lets not act like ToP debates cant win games

we were not in bad shape by any measure when holgs took over, let alone to say its obvious, by what stanadard???..recruit rankings said we were fine prior to him, we’ve been top 5 amoung g5 in draft picks since his been here, we have been ranked #1 in team talent ranking amoung g5 for his entire tenure here according to 247
besides “fan perspective” what makes it obvious??

what’s extremely odd about your post is that the person you are trying to defend completely disagree with you
holgs in almost every interview has stated the team was extremely good they just didnt show it on the field
that the team was better than what they showed
 dana has noted underperformance not rebuild
 the same things he has said about tune and why we brought no one in (hasnt played to what he thinks he is capable off but will)
 you are saying dana cant evaluate his own team (and you know more than he does), or that he has underperformed 
its either or

3 Likes

And how has that worked out for them?

1 Like