I’m going to just enjoy us in the new Big 12

I have a hard time seeing any conference that spans from Provo to Orlando to be too stable, but I think you’re 100% right that the most immediate threat is gone. The instability was always “What are Texas and Oklahoma going to do and who are they taking with them?”

Oklahoma State’s and Texas Tech’s loss (among others) was everybody else’s gain. The rest of the conference was left in-tact, and most with nowhere to go (which may be enough to overcome the Provo-Orlando thing…)

1 Like

I guess Lincoln Riley thinks the PAC money is better than SEC money. LOL

So I guess coaching in the B12, SEC, is more beneficial than the PAC. Yet, here he goes to the PAC…

Things are moving.

It’s gonna be a fun ride.

I just don’t want to be left hold our cranks, like we did last time.

He didn’t go to the conference. He went to USC. Holgorsen went from the Big 12 to the AAC. Except that he actually came to Houston. He wouldn’t have taken a job at Tulane. USC is USC.

If Aranda takes the Washington job, that would catch my attention.

1 Like

Many have said the PAC is a down hill Conference.

Yet, this is the 1st time since 1947 that the Head Coach from OU has left to go to another school.

So OU is not that great a job???

LR heading west has the UT fans scared to death.

To quote one of them to me today: I would have never thought of a Head UT Football Coach going to be the Head Coach of another Program. This has us worried.

As I have stated a few times. I don’t care what happens, 12, PAC, other, I just don’t want to be caught with our shorts down.

OU just got slapped in the face.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry in the first case of this happening. It happens. A&M has taken coaches from Bama and Florida State, which doesn’t speak much to their regular stature.

Riley is a little more worrying than the average case because he was a continuity hire and not a hired gun from somewhere else. There really was an expectation that he was a lifer or at least wouldn’t leave except for the NFL. But he’s also one guy and (IMO) kind of a punk.

1 Like

who? B Bryant went from ATM to Bama

Dennis Franchione went from Bama to replace RC Slocum at AM.

ok, thanks

After he knew he was on thin ice there

1 Like

It’s just an easier path winning in the pac at usc vs an sec team. The sec may have messed up bringing in too many top dogs scarring coaches off. LR didn’t want OU to the sec bc the competition is gonna be tough.

Interesting point but this is JMO I believe all of this realignment was and has been orchestrated by the stinky rodent.

2 Likes

Rodentium olfactorium

What is a rodent in your Eyes!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

His job security was actually fine at the time. Alabama offered him a bunch of money to stay. He wanted to be in Texas and didn’t want to deal with some sanctions Alabama was under at the time.