If we fire coaches for 8-4 seasons

What do we do to coaches who produce 4-8 seasons?

1 Like

Can’t make decisions like this based on dogma. CDH deserves a few years to build the program. He’s a proven head coach and we just need to endure the pain this year. Next year year we hope is better. Year three should see us contending.

6 Likes

We’re paying Holgorsen enough money that he should win and rebuild at the same time.

5 Likes

You can’t buy players in college like in the NFL. It takes time.

5 Likes

Someone needs to tell the blue bloods this…immediately so they will stop…

3 Likes

Regardless of a rebuild, he needs to find a way to beat north texas, uconn, smu, tulsa, and the chop blockers. But first, more importantly, this team needs some days off. He’s going to run them into the ground and that collapse last night was the first sign!

2 Likes

Not the same thing.

We won’t beat SMU. UCONN I hope, Tulsa, can’t say, UNT, maybe if we score 45 in the first half we can hang on.

2 Likes

Image result for a bullet

Does ANYONE believe Fertitta et al are gonna fire Holgerson any time soon or during the season

I’ll go one better … even after a 1 - 11 season …

1 Like

I consider SMU a toss up. We get them at home which will be worth something. Guys will also not be coming off of playing 30 million games in 19 days. UNT will need to be a clock management game. I thought they had some of the worst players at linebacker,but they gained some traction against Cal. We’ll see this weekend when they play UTSA if they forgot how to tackle again. lol If so, we need to just hold the ball for a total of 40 minutes on offense.

2 Likes

No and they’d be foolish to do so.

2 Likes

I’m as disappointed as anybody about last night’s game but it’s going to take Dana some time. It will be interesting to see who his QB will be. D’Eriq is an outstanding QB but isn’t the right fit for this offense.

2 Likes

He was ready to embrace the 10 win culture, though he was not clear on how many seasons it would take to win 10 games.

1 Like

IDK holding the ball didnt really work to well last night…I just think we need to score as many points as possible. UNT doesnt have what it takes to stop us if we go full throttle the whole game.

1 Like

It worked until situational football took the momentum and Tulane flipped t.o.p. Imagine if we didn’t try to hold the ball, our defense would have been even more winded! I think people are underestimating unt quite a bit. We also don’t want any shootouts, because we got into a mini one last night and it didn’t work out. I think Tulane is better than unt but they’ll be plenty motivated to beat us as well.

1 Like

I kinda felt we went conservative in the 3rd quarter and let Tulane back in the game…UNT might be the worst defense we face all season. Cal took the foot off the gas way too early and made the score much closer than it should have been. But i see what you mean its like damned if you do and damned if ya dont! lol

2 Likes

Buy Tillman Fertitta’s new book…Shut up and Listen…”Hard Business Truths that will help you succeed”

6 Likes

So what’s the excuse for the offense being so bad?

1 Like

Buy Tillman Fertitta’s new book…Shut up and Listen

1 Like

Tulane would have never been that close if our offense had put up more than three points in the second half.

5 Likes