If we lose to Rice

lol, what a Bipolar board. On football its…“we suck, fire everyone!”, on basketball its “natty or nothing mf’ers!”

1 Like

We had plenty on the poly train before the season started

1 Like

I bought the pre-season hype.

CDH and coaches seemed confident. Lot’s of good incoming talent on offense (which we needed). Following up on a 12 win season. Pre-season favorite to make NY6 and even an outside chance at the CFP if we were dominant.

There appeared to be a lot of things to look forward to.

9 Likes

Yep. We have too much talent to be underachieving!

Could of easily been 0-3 to start the season.

2 Likes

Alton was a big blow to the Offence.

2 Likes

I told one of my section friends on Saturday; I can take a down season every now and then, but it’s hard to accept when it looked like we were prime for a great year.

2 Likes

This should not be a down year anyway. We looked bad vs Kansas, we didn’t have a game like that last year. But you can see we have the pieces to be a good team this year, i don’t think the players we have will let this season slip away. Read Jones oped, listen to the player interviews from yesterday, we have tons of fight left in us.

If we lose to Rice…

2 Likes

I think we came into this year in a little bit of denial about the season we had last year. Last year we lost to Tech in Houston by 3 scores. We were down at home vs Navy by double digits at the half before rallying and winning 28-20. We barely beat ECU at home in OT after blowing a 2 touchdown lead after we failed to score in the entire 2nd half of the game. We were losing to SMU at home in the 4th quarter before coming back and winning it on the shoulders of Marcus Jones. We were down at halftime 28 to 26 to a USF team that was a 2-10 team and went 1-7 in conference last year. We lost comfortably in the conference championship game by double digits to a much better Cincinnati side.

At the end of the day, last years team made the plays when it mattered and we were able to win a ton of close games. This years team hasn’t learned how to do that just yet. But let’s not look at that 12-2 record last year and forget how many games we almost blew.

6 Likes

I told everyone this. People in here were saying nooo. Lol

Our “press” was very positive leading up to this season. So many were listening to “sports guessers” to get their info and point spread. Always, always, always check what the bookies are saying about the games. They are correct much more often than the sports writers . . . . .

Sorry @bigmccoog but my two are going to be used for the Rice game.

No problem at all David…I said it mainly in jest but we plan on buying a couple of tickets anyways…but appreciate the offer and glad you guys are going…

1 Like

I was skeptical about this year. We lost a couple of great defensive players. But that was not the issue.
Last year, there were sooo many games we COULD have lost, but to the team and coaches credit, they won.
It seemed like every week I kept thinking “Paper Tiger”, but we kept slipping by…for 11 straight weeks. And you have to be impressed with that kind of streak. Credit where it is due, Tune stopped trying to throw the ball away in the field of play (like he did against TT last year).

But I kept wondering if we could sneak by every week again like last year.

My most infuriating moments came when the Coogs got the ball back before the end of a half and we took a knee or ran out the last minute of the clock on a number of occasion. I kept thing “possessions are what you strive to get! Why are you wasting them!”

It is only a matter of time before that bites you in the backside. And we have teethmaeks this year to prove it.