Independence Bowl vs Louisiana-Lafayette - Game Thread

I think that that Army team was a bit better than this year’s U-La-La team, and moreover, it appears that we’ll have a four year starter at QB as opposed to a freshman.

I don’t see a lot of similarities between this and the infamous Army blowout.

3 Likes

Wonder if that jumps now that Tune and Dell said they are in?

4 Likes

Worth keeping an eye on. Will probably be adjusted also for transfer portals.

If we don’t beat ULL we might as well shut the program down or rescind our Big 12 invite lol

1 Like

If we don’t beat ULL we have huge problems.

2 Likes

I’m off the Dana Train after this year but this one is a No Win situation…win and no one really cares…lose and it’s going to get ugly

5 Likes

TRUE fans WILL care if we win or lose.

10 Likes

All 5k of us nutjob hard cores :grinning:

2 Likes

Some of our fans are acting like we should be in the final four of the CFP Playoffs. The Independence Bowl is the best we could expect, given UH’s performance. You may not like the bowl, but at least embrace the fact that UH has one more game with our seniors and great publicity on ESPN.

Another positive: After this game, we can put AAC in the rear view mirror for football.

6 Likes

3.5? That’s equal to the number of days our team will practice

6 Likes

That’s what Holgorsen made it sound like he is to busy with other stuff i guess recruiting? It’s a shame he could use those extra practices for younger guys, hello Coley lol

By the by Shreveport is not a hot bed of interest in U La La.

Both LSU and La. Tech are the faves there. NW La. also has Alums there.Arkansas also has some presence there.

In short the fans who drive up from Lafayette and that area will be their fan base at the game.

If Cougar fans attend in decent numbers we can at least be equal in numbers.

1 Like

I doubt it the Rajin Cajuns really support their teams , I remember a regional I think in baseball at Houston, they had plenty of fans

1 Like

Heck no… we clinging to that like holgy clinging to that bag

I am hoping for 30k or 35k!

Is the bag Louis or trader joe’s?

2 Likes

ULL is supported by the Lafayette community. They will show up, and it’s only like a 3.5 hour drive for them.

1 Like

I think ULL has a lot of alumni in Houston. My father-in-law says that all their graduates seem to move to Houston.

This is why we should start scheduling them again. Maybe if we beat them this time around we’ll get over that last matchup we’ll start scheduling them again. Include them in the rotation of G5 Texas schools we’ll probably keep playing.

Yeah they do!

Pre season predictions had that as a possibility. More predicted that than 7-5