Indiana Wijay

I’m down for a story.

You know, things like these often get my creative juices going, making me think how it would be cool to make vids on UH sports, lore/traditions, campus life, backstories to recruits, etc. for like a YouTube channel format.

4.0 student.
This shows offers UH, Ark State, Ga Southern. Nevada (from his twitter).
https://qbhitlist.com/profile/indiana-wijay-ca/

Always disappointing when a dad joke opportunity is missed.

2 Likes

Nope, they went in a different route n offered the Jones kid instead!!

Bye. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I can explain further if needed. KingofDadJokes

3 Likes

1 Like

And yes if it wasn’t already assumed his first name was also Indiana!!

1 Like

I was watching his HUDL highlights and the young man has very good pocket awareness. The thing that jumped out to me was he was only scrambling to find a receiver, he never ran. That reminded me of how Fran Tarkington scrambled – and no I am not saying he is another Fran Tarkington. ( I wonder how many on here have never seen Tarkington play.)

1 Like

For the love of all that is sensible, can we please nickname him “Dr. Jones”??!?

He stares down his receivers and has a long release. Competition was JV level. Any well coached and good to great secondary player would have a field day. But he has time to improve if he can sustain confidence in the mist of defeat after defeat…

I think most HS QBs stare down their primary WRs, that’s where college coaching comes in. He was still MVP of his district in HS and I think he has a whole lot of potential. As for staring down his receivers, not when he was scrambling.

Level of competition and long release are alarming. And he rarely was seen scrambling. Has a arm though. Non scrambling QB’s need to be highly distinct with decision making or else they plummet your team with pick$.

That’s why we have coaches.

5 Likes

Did coaches try to help one of the most successful QB’s in college history? Yes. But did that work out. This guy throws like Brock Osweiler

1 Like

That’s Tim Tebow who never could never get a grasp on throwing motions.

I wonder how many on here don’t even know who Fran Tarkington is.

1 Like

Which team? NY Giants or Minnesota Vikings?
He was also in the MNF Booth as a color analyst in the 1980s. Who replaced him in the booth? O.J. Simpson.

My 1st UH HC was Briles and I know him.
Tarkington still comes up during games and podcast in the context of the "original " prototype dual threat QB.

You sure Mike? He’s not more of a Y.A. Tittle?

Tittle was a standard stay in the pocket and find a receiver or throw it away guy. BTW, I met him at the airport in New Orleans when I was in the Navy. Since he was an LSU guy, and at the time so was I, I followed him as much as I could in those days.

1 Like

How many PWOs has Scoop Berman interviewed?

Mark Berman

@MarkBermanFox26

·

17h

6-5 QB Indiana Wijay (

@indianawijay

), from Pasadena High School in Pasadena, CA, says he’ll join

@UHCougarFB

as a preferred walk-on (2023 class). #Says he could’ve gone to Washington or Nevada in the same fashion, but chose UH because his father ran track and his mother played…

5 Likes