Inflation Reduction Bill

I really don’t know how this will reduce inflation, particularly adding taxes to corporations. It’s just like Reagan said, corporations don’t pay taxes, people pay taxes. All corporations do is collect them by adding to the price of the things they sell. Of course, you can make them have to raise their prices to a point they can’t compete with China or Japan, or cause them to lose money on sales, which is not a good business model and would cause them to lay off workers. BTW, the workers do pay taxes, but not when unemployed.

3 Likes

Agree.
Historically we know that these types of measures do not work.
What we know is what implemented Mr. Reagan and Mr. Trump.
It is no coincidence that his economics team had some of the same members.
Results and facts speak fir themselves.

So you want our economy to be more like China. That’s what red80 is saying. He threw Japan in there, well, just because!

I don’t know, either, but I’m one who would generally advocate that we shouldn’t be trying to do this in the first place. Inflation happens, recessions happen, and economic growth happens, too - it’s all part of the cycle.

One way raising taxes (generally, not just on corporations) can slow/stop inflation is that it takes money out of the economy. If all of the stimulus money is seen as a cause of inflation, then one way to cut down on available funds is to raise taxes. Now, if that money flows back to the economy in the form of more stimulus, then it obviously won’t work.

The things you describe happening are more akin to a recession, which inflation can cause. Although they’re painful, just like down periods in oil and gas, they’re kind of necessary for a healthy economy.

Our politicians have such an affinity for trying to control market forces that they can’t seem to quit. The truth is that most Americans are fine with the government interfering in the market as long as it benefits them personally - I’m not in that camp.

2 Likes

Mr. Reagan rebuilt our economy
obama never had a gdp growth over 3% in 8 years.
Mr. Trump had the best economic numbers in 40+ years.
That is what we want. You don’t?

1 Like

Way to ruin another thread with garbage posts.

4 Likes

Trump never did either. Why are you bringing this up?

And explain how Trump had the best economic numbers in 40+ years.

Have you be hiding a rock or were lost on a Pacific island?
Look it up. Numbers do not lie.

You ignored my question.

And tell the numbers to me. It’s certainly not gdp growth you’re referring to. What is it?

Look it up rtcoog. It will take you 2 to 3 minutes tops.

Show me. I really don’t know what you’re referring to. Usually statements like this refer to gdp growth but that’s not it.

What is it? Explain.

WRONG!

Yeah, I’m still waiting on an explanation. I’m not sure he realized Trump never had a 3%+ year.

1 Like

To the point: what parts of this Bill will actually reduce inflation?

Lowering the deficit is the goal for that. I don’t think it will do much for inflation now, but that is needed regardless. Made no sense our deficit was increased the couple years before 2020, out of control spending that was bad for the economy.

3 Likes

1000000%

Increasing deficit spending in a time of economic expansion…horrible policy. Trumper’s don’t mind as reality isn’t a thing they deal with.

2 Likes

Still waiting.

What were Trump economics numbers for all demographics vs obama?
Go ahead show it.

Why don’t you show it? Or anything. I’ve been asking. You made the claims.

You claim Trump had the best economic numbers in 40+ years. Show us how.

2 Likes

I have posted these numbers previously.
Look it up. It will take you five minutes to compare unemployement data with the following:
African American
Women
Hispanics
Asian
Non degreed