Injury updates and a cringeworthy Art Briles reference

I know for a fact that John is on this board! We’ve met at this show before.

Keep them on their toes! Cheers John!!

4 Likes

What was the question? I don’t subscribe to my Hometown paper

2 Likes

A fan, identified as John, asked this question:

“Art Briles, definitely some perceived deficiencies, but one of the things he was known for was having above average offensive lines. It’s been relayed to me on multiple occasions that Art would go out and look for that 275-, 280-pound offensive lineman with small ankles and great technique as compared to pursuing the 320-pounders. It was Art’s position …”

“We’re not going to talk about this anymore,” Holgorsen interrupted. “With all due respect, Art’s not the head coach here, I am. If you want to talk about something that I’m doing, be my guest and talk about something I’m doing, and do not bring up that man’s name ever again.”

9 Likes

Touchy

2 Likes

I refuse to subscribe to the crapicle.

6 Likes

John. You’re question needs to be clear and concise. That question went wayyyyy too long.

“Coach- you’ve had OLine issues for 4 years where your predecessors have been successful in developing their players to perform above average. What can you do better?”

“Coach. Do you think you’re coaching at a championship level, and if not, what do you need to change to do so?”

“Coach- Do you think you’ve built a championship culture and what responsibility do you have in instilling that in this program?”

11 Likes

I thought this was an awesome answer, “We’re not going to talk about this anymore,” Holgorsen interrupted. “With all due respect, Art’s not the head coach here, I am. If you want to talk about something that I’m doing, be my guest and talk about something I’m doing, and do not bring up that man’s name ever again.”

19 Likes

Wow. What a lame response by Dana.

Yes, long winded questions on a radio show happen

Get rid of Dana, chip on his shoulder for no reason.

This guy doesnt have the nerves to get thru a Big 12 season. Their shot. All that redbull

3 Likes

Ask Saban why he doesn’t develop QBs as well as Kirby Smart and see how he responds. :laughing:

17 Likes

How old was the guy asking the question? Gonna get mad at a senior Coog fan?

“Back in my day…”

Like getting mad at grandpa during the holidays

1 Like

I disagree. It was a horrible question and a fantastic answer. Like it or not, CDH is the UH head football coach. Ask him a question about him, not about somebody else.

35 Likes

Lame question.

5 Likes

Who gives a flying puck about Art Briles in 2022? You oldheads gotta let go of the past. Briles isn’t (and shouldn’t) walking through the door.

And I’m one of the biggest Holgerson critics!!

20 Likes

Wow! I’m glad nobody asked Dana why he and the clipboard guy keep calling a dive play that can’t get more than one yard. He probably would have spiked his red bull!

1 Like

He actually said ask me a question about what I’m doing. He didn’t back down and say don’t ask me about what we do.

4 Likes

It was a good response cause Briles sucks/evil, right?

Alumni remember old coaches, big whoop.

"Hey, Kevin Sumlin used to scout quarterbacks a certain way. And he used to look for a certain type of thrower…

CDH: i gotta stop you right there. I’m the coach and dont ever mention Sumlins name again

Bravo :clap:.

I get it, its his radio show. But, theres what a few thousand listeners. Not trying to embarass him for Twitter

4 Likes

Love the response from Dana

4 Likes

whats the injury update?

1 Like

I don’t want to remember coaches that quit on us. Briles played here. He said “he was proud to be a coog” while he was filling out his direct deposit for Baylor. Sumlin did the same. Screw them. Some people on here seem to love the coaches that wanted to leave here asap v the ones that want to be here.

10 Likes

I think he could have just said, “I don’t want to get into things other coaches did.” And leave it at that. But its a free country, and as far as I know, there no editorial guidelines for what you can ask at the show. Dana doesn’t decide who gets to say what or ask what. He also doesn’t decide whose name gets mentioned and when. He just put a huge Art Briles target in his back with that huffy bit of insecurity. If he wants to avoid other coaches being referenced maybe he should, “put that %# on paper.”

3 Likes