Interesting 2022 Dilemma…Our Juniors

This is not a dilemma. You play everyone’s eligibility until it runs out and then develop others as they come in. That’s college sports!

You don’t need to start trying to manipulate eligibility without any individual guarantees.

Holgorsen tried that tactic a few years ago and quickly learned nothing is guaranteed.

1 Like

This is the kind of ill-conceived topic you get during an off week.

2 Likes

Bye weeks, there like a mini off-season lol

1 Like

Indiana Wijay?!?! Sounds very suspect j/k. Toe Nash would like a word.

So would Johnny Utah.

If he’s from West Hills everybody on the left coast already knows about him.

His sister London is better known. She’s been getting letters from colleges since 7th grade. Considered one of the best he VB players in the country

We are really going to have to reload on defense next year. We got some really good depth with Hogan, Chidozie, D Jones, and Ceaser. But there is a good chance we lose 6-7 starters on defense. Including our 2 best CBs, best LB, best Interior Dline man, and starting DE, maybe both. I’m not too worried because we keep recruiting good defensive players and we have guys that’s have shown to be starting caliber. But we really need to get some CBs in the portal, and a LB

Offensively we lose Kody. But basically all our good offensive players have at least a year or multiple, Christian, Dell, Carter, Alton, Henry. Johnson, Paul, Unije and Jenkins all will be here and hopefully improve next year. Adding McCoy was a great get, should have an immediate impact. We need to hit the portal hard for WRs, OL, and for the love of god get a QB

1 Like

Banes and Freeman and Boatman will be playing next year as well on offense unless you know something otherwise…

Was looking at our OOC schedule for next year and we play UTSA the first game, that might be a really good game. A lot of y’all talked about how easy the OOC schedule was, but we could start off 0-2 with @ UTSA and @ Tech . We also get cincy and UCF back on the schedule. We are going to need a QB bad next year the schedule will be a lot harder

We should return Bankston, Sedrick Williams (actually started ahead of Hall in first game), Nwanko, Bell, Parish, DeAnthony Jones, Caesar, Mutin, Robinson, Nunnery, Green, Hogan, Hypolite, Owens, Mwaniki, and Vaughn. We should be loaded next year on defense, and our QB, skill players, and Paul, Johnson, Jenkins, and Freeman return up front. About the only offensive position we need to address (for next year) is right tackle.

Dline will be fine. Nunnery and Robinson aren’t ready to start rn they need to develop. They are very athletic and can tackle so that’s a good start. They have to get smarter and understand how to read defenses. CB make me nervous with our 2 best guys leaving, Hogan is really good but we need more than 1.

We have no idea if Mutin or Parish will stay. Not everyone will use the extra year. Especially with the way Mutin is playing right now, he will be on an NFL team if he leaves. Also Sedrick didn’t start over Hall the first game, Hall just played a different position.

I think we need both a RG and a RT.

1 Like

You are assuming guys will just all of a sudden be starter ready. We 100% need to get better on the OL and WRs and QB. You come back next year with these same offensive players thinking something will change, than we are going to be in some trouble. Idk how you can watch this offense and think all we need is a right tackle and we are good to go lol

1 Like

Next season, we’ll be loaded with experience on both sides of the ball. We’re going to need it because our schedule will be more challenging. Recruiting and the transfer portal will take care of our deficiencies.

Next year should be fun.

2 Likes

No, Hall did not start at any position against Tech. You can check the participation chart at UHCougars.com. Art Green has been playing well at CB. I think he’ll be okay. As for offensive linemen, yeah, I think Cam’Ron Johnson next year will be better than Cam’Ron Johnson this year or Keenan Murphy. I don’t think Freeman will be as good as Russey, but he did start in '19 and '20 and should be more than adequate at center in his fifth year. No, we don’t know if Mutin or Parish will stay, but I think the odds are pretty good. We’ll see.

Both of Indiana’s parents were student athletes at UH. Mom was on the volleyball team and dad was a track athlete.

2 Likes

CoachV been talking about this kid for at least 6 months. Last time CoachV raved about someone it was a guy named Greg Ward. He turned out to be ok! :wink:

Gary Ward was even better!