Interesting 2022 Dilemma…Our Juniors

Unless Mutin gets hurt of all of a sudden starts playing like trash, the odds of him staying aren’t pretty good. He’s a top 10 graded line backer in the nation rn. He would without a doubt make an NFL roster next year. I don’t see why he would stay honestly

Wel it wasn’t about Case! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

To be honest, with Russo leaving, no position on our OL should be safe. They can go out and get former starters at all 5 spots in the portal and let the competition begin.

I would imagine that Twinmon would have an insight about one of them…

2 Likes

I think it depends on how the NFL evaluates their draft stocks.

If the grad transfers can really play we absolutely will and should bring them into the program.

I have no idea if those guys as you mentioned will be just fine but I am not willing to bet all our marbles on their development. We should keep bridging the gap for as long as it takes an no longer need to bridge the gap.
Besides the time to bring players back home to help has never been brighter.

Mutin reminds me of a college version of Demico Ryans.

The ORG and ORT are obvious weaknesses,

The OL Coach has not yet cured this problem.

Either it all gets way better or a coaching change could occur for 2022.

1 Like

Why do you assume that coaching is the source of the weakness?

No, it’s not. Talent is the most important quality, and we have a lot of it on the defensive line. Hall might be a first-round pick, Bankston played well last year for the Big 12 runner up, Anenih had offers from half the Big 12 and is a fifth-year senior, Parish has become a very good DE, Chidozie had offers from LSU, Arkansas, etc., Caesar was a top 60 player in Texas. Early is a good coach, but we wouldn’t be having this kind of success with the defensive line from 2019.

2 Likes

Talent is critical.Alabama has 15 NFL draft picks every season and, magically, does not lose much.

Ditto LSU in 2019. Was Orgeron a genius that season? If so he went brain dead in only 2 years.

UH has a lot of talent on Defense. On Offense, not so much.

The OL Coach is responsible for finding, and signing, top talent. He has not done so. Indeed we signed a Center to play exactly one season. That is a recruiting fail.

Watch the A$M OL demolish people. Talent or a genius OL Coach?

Dana finally signed a Stud high school RB. We need more like him at all positions.