IRS

1 Like

Fear not.

What are the chances of being audited by the IRS?

The answer may surprise you. On average, the chances a taxpayer will get audited are just 1 in 333. In other words, the IRS only audits 0.3% of tax returns. And 74% of audits are done by letter. So, most taxpayers never see an IRS agent even if they are unlucky enough to get audited.

1 Like

That’s a changin

We need more intrusion in our lives by the government

6 Likes

There isn’t enough money in going after the middle class. They are going after the people paying the vast majority of the taxes. The rich and big business.

They are also the most likely to have complicated returns that allow for creative tax avoidance strategies.

Going after scofflaws is a bad thing :thinking:

Anyone following the law and not cheating the government (and everyone else) has nothing to fear.

I’m not exactly sure where the angst is coming from since this is classic example of a policy paying for itself and then some.

Whiners gonna whine.

5 Likes

This is a great example of consuming what you want. Most media bias rating
services put the the Washington Free Beacon in the far right column.

Which is all fine and good as long as you understand what you are eating.

History

The Washington Free Beacon is an American politically conservative political journalism website that publishes news and opinion commentary. Founded in 2012, the editor-in-chief is Matthew Continetti.

The site is noted for its conservative reporting, modeled after liberal counterparts in the media such as ThinkProgress and Talking Points Memo, intended to publicize stories and influence mainstream media coverage.

From October 2015 to May 2016, the Washington Free Beacon hired Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research on “multiple candidates” during the 2016 presidential election, including Donald Trump. The Free Beacon stopped funding this research when Donald Trump had clinched the Republican nomination.

2 Likes

I think that’s largely true for the middle class. It’s more complicated for companies and the rich.

1 Like

They can audit me anytime they like. I play by the rules and expect the same of others.

3 Likes

Still doesn’t change the assertion that this policy pays for itself and makes people, everyone think twice.

I don’t see how tax law enforcement is a problem.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that.

It is as if some think they are above the law and being held accountable is is unjust.

1 Like

No comment :shushing_face:

BS even Musk said this is not for the big fish, this is too catch the little guy

1 Like

I thought we should defund the police?

Why would I care what musk says about this?

There is no money in going after the little guy. They don’t pay the taxes and their returns are pretty basic. Middle class will be fine. There isn’t anything to really catch except fraud.

1 Like

Who’s “we”?

Its my pronoun

It’s = It is
Who’s = who is

“Whose” and “its” are possessive pronouns.

1 Like

A little more perspective on the size and budget of the IRS overtime.

Although I’m a little skeptical of claim it will pay for itself, those fearing
a recession should be glad to hear of the potential hiring boost.

1 Like