Is It Dawning On Us That Our 2022 Team

You can’t put six players on the court at once. Your argument is horribly flawed and it is what one calls a fallacy.

1 Like

I think the Coogs are going to be really good.

I was a football player so I don’t know how long it takes to develop chemistry within a basketball team. Can you start in June and have it by November?

1 Like

This year we should have “normal” practice time, workout time, and be able to play all the scheduled games.

We have a Final Four Coach. I firmly expect all of this talent to mesh under Sampson’s guidance. Looks like we will change from having 8 players who can play at the highest level to having 10 who can.

Losing Grimes looks to be our biggest issue.

2 Likes

Sampson has said in the past that the trips in the summer have really helped build team chemistry. Last years team wasn’t able to do these because of covid.

In my opinion, the most important thing, is defensively and all the different rotations and traps and switching that they do. A LOT of communication amongst all five guys on the floor or there’s going to be missed assignments which leads to guys getting wide open looks or layups.

Takes time to know your respective assignment in SO many countless situations. It’s like an OLine in football where all five guys need to be working together.

2 Likes

Trips only available every four years

3 Likes

They get to take a “trip” to Hawaii this year and put the Huli Huli to some teams in that tournament.

I firmly believe that a Sampson will be the next coach of a University of Houston men’s basketball team who wins a national championship.

4 Likes

I’m going to screenshot this and hold you accountable :heart_eyes: :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

Hope it comes true.

From your mouth to god’s ears.

The first?

We have 16 national championships in golf. Stealth didn’t say in basketball specifically.

Stealth stands corrected, I meant specifically basketball.

You can play him more than 12 minutes a game if he’s an All conference player… lol my logic is not flawed y’all are just over complicating it.

By the by we have one ship left.

Does Sampson give it to Ryan Elvin or does he tell Ryan no and bring in one more transfer?

why would he give it to elvin? why would he need to tell him anything

2 Likes

Didn’t CKS say he likes to keep one ship open?

I doubt CKS gives Elvin a scholarship until perhaps his senior year. Because Elvin still has multiple years of eligibility left, using a scholarship on him would hurt roster flexibility, especially since Elvin is likely never going to be a rotation player for us.

1 Like

Obviously he has Elvin on the team and Ryan is a “preferred walk on” is he not?

Try being Elvin. I would ask right now if I have a spot on next year’s team.

And if the response makes it clear that he will play zero then Ryan could leave. Perhaps he could play for a smaller program.

“Why tell him anything”? A preposterous statement. Ryan and his parents need to plan his remaining College years. No duh.

Sampson has said the best 3-pt shooter in practice is Elvin. But we have seen some good practice shooters not translate into success during games.

1 Like

if you are a walkon, you assume you are a walkon till you finish and plan around that. less than 3% of walkons get awarded scholarhips… this is why scholarship surprises are big things… walk-ons dont go to coaches yearly asking if this is the year i will be getting a scholarship, especially for guys that arent in the rotation…

3 Likes