Is K-State the new leader of the Big 12?

There needs to be a conference for misfit toys.

images (17)

1 Like

Was this you?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/fight-breaks-out-in-stands-during-houston-texas-tech-game-at-nrg-stadium/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjj8aH8iID5AhUDD0QIHVJECNIQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2Isru36tRNKzEwC_GXNnGZ

2 Likes

Lol. No. Mine was verbal only in the parking lot. It was like 5 of them and just me. One of them started trashing UH so I popped off and trashed Tech.

It was all fun but I couldn’t let them do UH dirty.

2 Likes

Also, cannot wait for the Coogs to finally get their rightful spot in a respectable league. There is ZERO reason they should have ever been in the position they have been in for the past ~25 years.
2023 Cannot come soon enough.

And as a Tech grad. I hope the NEW BIG 12 Teams plus whoever else we bring into the conference are happy and understand how good and fun a conference it really is gonna be. We can position ourselves to be the 3rd best conference and on any given year possibly put the best product out there of anyone.

4 Likes

Personally I like Lubbock, reminds of my hometown Fort Worth about 40- 50 yrs ago
Beside my boy Graduated from there, in visits, got quite familiar with the place. Great people and can a can do spirit about them. If you look up the history of the school and read how the school was founded the people refuse to take no as a answer in establishing a state University there when the state powers said no. In Fact the people there threaten to leave the state of Texas if they didn’t get one. The Governor finally relinquished. Even though.i make jokes about tumbleweeds it’s a fine Texas city, love the weather. Dry heat during the days cool at night 3200 ft plus above sea level

1 Like

I think Snyder is probably the best college football coach of the last 30 years. IMO, it’s between him and Saban

2 Likes

I think in the end the B12 will be the most balanced conference in the country. It will be leadership by committee with the first leader being the one that wins B2B conference championships or a national championship.

2 Likes

I was in Lubbock in June. It sux.

5 Likes

Oh, but the other 11 months you’d just love it.

1 Like

PAC 12 Stanford visitors, Steve and Stephanie driving to the stadium for the game in Lubbock:

“Oh Steve, I think you have mistakenly taken a wrong turn. We’re driving by the ghastly smelling oil sand pits!”

“No dear, everything is under control. I decided to take the scenic route.”

4 Likes

True fact. K-State was one of the dirt worst programs in the nation before Snyder arrived and he had them in contention for the National Championship a few times. It’s one thing to win at Alabama, which has the money and infrastructure to win consistently, it’s another to win at K-State, which sits in a state that doesn’t produce a ton of good football players and has to split those with KU.

1 Like

Completely agree which is why I think he may be the best coach of the past 30 years.

Can the Commish simultaneously say OU/UT cannot participate in the meetings and OU/UT cannot leave early without paying the Big XII? Seems like those 2 will have some legal ground to say there is some breach of contract by the Big XII and they don’t have to live up to the terms anymore.

But Gundy comes off as a grown man saying he wouldn’t let them attend the meetings. And his reasoning? So the SEC cannot steal a potential Big XII competitive advantage in the future. Umkay

FWIW conference bylaws say they lose their vote as soon as they withdraw (this is common - AAC has the same provisions). The conference has been letting them participate anyway, though. Maybe to avoid any legal complications and accusations of bad faith in the event things end up in court

It seems like all this would be in there somewhere. That being said the conference can just make media days plain vanilla. And communicate other, more sensitive conference matters through Skype, et. al.
Bowlsby said very clearly on 365, however, that they don’t communicate all conference matters to OUT. I’m sure there’s framework. Really, I don’t think OUT even cares if its something they don’t get PR out of.
If you think about it this is probably the best relations have ever been between the conference and OUT.

Never get caught sitting down

Well KState is located in Manhattan

1 Like

I can’t wait to get up there for a game so that I can walk down Broadway in the Little Apple.

I bet it won’t be as crowded as when I walked down Broadway in the Big Apple.

I admire everything they have done to build a program starting from very bottom and reaching great success! Coach Snyder was an absolute genius! and now their AD and prez are providing great leadership for our conference
So happy to affiliate with them.

1 Like