Ja'Lynn Polk In the transfer portal

“Raining mud!”

2 Likes

Even in the worst of times, I would pick Houston over Lubbock.

I know the panhandle is flat, but people from Houston saying some place is flat is kinda like Alabama calling Mississippi dumb and fat.

7 Likes

I spent a lot of time in the panhandles and SW Kansas while working on Enron’s pipeline system. GREAT people but FUGLY country. You haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the last vestiges of the dust bowl in Beaver OK or Holcomb KS.

We have salt domes which provide undulation. So there’s that.

I like to say the best thing about living in Houston is, wherever you go for vacation you’ll say “Wow it’s sure is pretty here”

1 Like

Dude, yes I am. I am saying that Lubbock is not exactly a place to go for night life. If you think it is, good for you; book a vacation there.

Not to be picky Ima, but Lubbock isn’t in the panhandle, you’re thinking of Amarillo.

1 Like

When I went to Lubbock I was surprised at how flat it was. Lubbock is so flat it makes Houston look hilly. When people from Houston say Lubbock is flat their not kidding.

Id rather get a colonoscopy then think/talk about Lubbock.

Or a prostate exam by a Dr who uses his fist!

1 Like

I never think about Amarillo, but when I do I think Big Texan Steakhouse

2 Likes

I fell for that. Waited 2 hours, terrible. The highlight was throwing washers at a hook on the wall.

I used to stay at the Marriott next to the Amarillo airport which is just down the highway from Big Tex. It was ok; but I found a little Italian restaurant downtown that was outstanding. I would stay in Amarillo and go to the Phillips refinery in Borger, probably made that trip a few dozen times. On the couple of occasions I had to be there for 4 or 5 days, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Borger. Actually, the drive from Amarillo was pretty scenic, in my opinion.

Edit: It was actually the Fairfield by Marriott.

Probably the highlight of my trips to the panhandle was the evening I hit a pheasant going 90 in a rental. And the town I was going to be in for the week had a broken car wash. Try’splainin that to Avis

Are you talking about One Guy from Italy? If so, that place is pretty legit. Amazing calzones.

Chasing 2 legged split tails

ouch!

No, I’m talking about Napoli’s on the corner of 7th Ave. and Taylor downtown. An easy walk from the Embassy Suites which I stayed at on the way to and from Colorado this past year. I ate at Napoli’s both going and coming. Italian is my favorite food.

1 Like

Amarillo is halway from Georgetown to Colorado Springs. My wife and I spent one night there and Napoli’s is legit! Pretty clean little downtown.

1 Like

never had to wait once. That was our stop driving from South Texas on our way to Colorado for ski/snowboarding. We always liked watching the people trying to eat a 60 oz steak. We missed the washer toss though but we did sit in the big chair.
Beer was good as were the desserts

1 Like

We went from Katy to Monument which is a sand wedge from Colorado Springs.