Jamal Shead injury

I gave no problem with Elvin getting minutes against USF. He has earned it.

3 Likes

@CMCoog17
:ok_man::man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Do we a video link to that play?

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1482523518092947459?t=GjxcKEN5Yw17bYLZQkq0SQ&s=19

3 Likes

looks to me like the Tulsa player moved in under him while he was airborne.

3 Likes

Considering Tulsa tried to undercut Kyler whenever he tried to shoot I would not be shocked if that was the case

4 Likes

When Dale Earnhardt was killed in the car race they did a study to find out why he died.

Hard to overlook the fact that he drove a car into a cement wall at over 200 mph.

1 Like

Whew…that was tough to watch in slo mo.

1 Like

If he comes back on Tuesday, I think a lot of people on this board will be shocked. If he comes back next weekend, less will be shocked but will know it is a VERY fast recovery.

1 Like

He ain’t going to be playing for a while

6 Likes

Huh???

I agree.

I did something like this playing a different sport in high school. Took me almost a month to be able to play again. But we didn’t have the medical protocols we have now, back then.

On the radio post game they said he was in a boot and crutches? Are you sure he did not have crutches b/c that can help determine the severity of his injury!

I’m hoping he’s back in a month, but 6 weeks is my gut feeling

1 Like

I doubt they didn’t have him on crutches, but that also wouldn’t mean they know if he needs non weight bearing. Probably getting imaging back in Houston. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

I have not heard anything about a “high ankle sprain” so my feeling with no information I would guess 3 weeks! Sooner if he tests out in less time.

3 Likes

I know someone that’s in the Athletic Training business like yourself. Tell me if you agree, but he says as long as it’s not High ankle sprain which can lead to other issues, it’s usually min 2 weeks to 4+ week recovery. Till we know more, it’s all speculate I guess. Good to have someone like You on the Board.

He’s young.

Two games, maybe three. :place_of_worship:

3 Likes

If Jamal returns 2 weeks from date of injury, it would be at UCF on 1/29 (missing 2 games), 4 weeks would be for Memphis here on 2/12 (missing 6 games), 6 weeks would be for SMU here on 2/27 (missing 10 games). We are entering the heart of the conference schedule, let’s pray for only 2 weeks. Even so, would he be 100%?

2 Likes