Jarace Walker Playing with First Team

My memory is the same as Butch’s. Ford wanted to go to the NBA immediately. He was a good college player, but no where near 1 and done caliber. He could have used 2-3 more years of the college game to improve his skill set. I do not think Coach Ray McCallum thought he was ready.

Yeah, I don’t think he was a one and done by choice.

He was 1 and done but didn’t earn it at the college level. He was never going to stay a 2nd season.

He couldn’t RW. Five star or not you have to go to class. He wanted to go pro out of high school.
If he had worked and stayed two or 3.years he could have probably been a decent NBA player.
I knew a couple of folks who went to Milby with him and he never had any desire to go to college.

2 Likes

I am agreeing with you.
Also had no desire to be at UH after Drexler left but we wouldn’t let him out of his LOI.
Pretty unreal how much we struggled with a front line of Patrick Okafor, Alton Ford and George Williams the a backcourt of Bernard Smith and Chad Hendricks.

1 Like

Kind of like Memphis, have to have buy in to the team concept.

Walker is perhaps the best recruit we’ve had in 40 years. Yes we’ve had some very good ones at times over that period but if watch films on various aspects of his game (Size, athleticism, shooting… ) he is going to be real good.

NBA
Not Memphis

7th cant get here soon enough.

4 Likes

Reading up on N Colorado. They have a guard who scores from everywhere. Shead, Sasser, Mark need to smother him.

Chaney will still get around 20 MPG he won’t be a bench warmer. It’s his last year and he’s finally healthy I’m excited to see how he goes out!

3 Likes