Jay Bilas has us at #28

We’ve moved down due to loss of Sasser and Marks. Unfortunately, I agree.

2 Likes

#28 now.

That’s ridiculous… Shouldn’t drop out of top 25 until we lose at least one game…

11 Likes

Exactly… There aren’t 27 teams in the country that deserved to be ranked above us at this point

7 Likes

I dont believe he’s ranking resumes. Rather he’s ranking them based on how he good he thinks they are right now. I’d say #28 is pretty good for a team that just lost two of its best guards.

3 Likes

Just win, baby.

6 Likes

I think we will surprise people. Walker is not Sasser yet, but he is going to shock people with how good he gets this year.

7 Likes

Who is Jay Bilas? Who’s he? He’s a scrub!

3 Likes

I believe you are correct…. I saw the article earlier and took as such.
He said with Sasser and Mark the Coogs were probably top 10.

2 Likes

Cool… More bulletin board material for Shead & Co…

4 Likes

Everyone agrees that we are definitely not a good as team as we were with Sasser & Mark…

But that doesn’t automatically mean were worse than the next 18 teams that jumped us in Bilas’s opinion…

I know he was extremely complimentary of Sasser in the maui tourney and he probably doesn’t know much about Walker yet… So, that probably explains the huge drop in his view…

Most voters being fair. Even Seth DAvis kept us at seventh and when questioned, replied it was unfair to lower because of injuries. However, look for a pretty good fall as soon as we lose that first game from most voters.

2 Likes

OK, so this jerk drops us to #28 AFTER we win a road game against a winning team and does so based on the fact that we lost two players for the year and won anyway? Really? Credibility much?

1 Like

I wouldn’t drop us out of the Top 25 until our won-loss record suggests that we deserve it.

Thus far, it does not.

3 Likes

Yep. It’s the whole idea behind preseason polls. They look at the roster and try to predict, based on paper, how good a team will be. It’s why Memphis has been ranked high to start recent years.

Based on the paper roster, yeah, I’d say breaking the top 25 would be an accomplishment for UH right now. I’d also say the CKS doesn’t care about rankings. Neither do I, honestly.

One guy in the AP ( Fuller) dropped us completely out of top 25 when news broke about Sasser…. Then this week he put us back in at 17…. Hhmm.

Jesse Newell from the Kansas City Star has had us at #3 or # 4 for the last six weeks…. Need to buy this guy a beer :beers:

2 Likes

Our front court are still BEASTS and we have one of the best PGs in the country… Our perimeter D was awesome regardless of the 5 guards we were rotating but now it’s still really good with the 4 guard + Fabian rotation…

Our biggest question mark was who would hit 3s for us with Sasser out… Looks like Walker, Edwards and Shead are stepping up there…

This team is still GOOD!

4 Likes

Easy on the quote – " one of the best PG in the Country" :thinking::smirk:

1 Like

I stand by what I said…

1 Like

Jamal’s stats don’t lie… Neither does his leadership!

1 Like