Jeep Wrangler V8

Danger!!! Danger!!!

I just bought a jeep wrangler Sahara V6. It has plenty of power

1 Like

Yea. The V6 is righteous. I had a 79’ Jeep Wrangler. It might have been something else back then. It shimmied like hell over 70mph.

Its my 3rd jeep. I gave my daughter my wife’s 2013 sahara and we got her a 2022. Both are black, look real nice

Capability on Jeeps is almost always about the aftermarket mods that make them tear through sand dunes and mountains. My 2011 stock Sahara climbed many mountains, but once I installed rear lockers, it felt like I could do almost anything, even with a mini-van engine. Of course, the very next year, they put in the Pentastar, which was a better engine, but had it’s own huge set of problems. My Jeep is still running strong 12 years later, with a few major repairs, and several minor ones. Still love it.

1 Like

But they aren’t meant to do 80 on 59. My Jeep lasted 17 years. Not sure of the mileage but it lasted through two other owners in my hometown. It was used in stop and go around town but seriously abused off road. It was one, tough ### ###.

I still have dreams about riding through the woods in that thing, friends hanging off the roller, beer cans flying out like confetti. A great amigo that went through endless modifications and mud holes.

1 Like

Pentastar has some issues, my rocker pins failed on my 2013 at 40k and had to be replaced. 90k now and no issues. 2022 is much more powerful and i love the 8spd transmission

My daughter has a Wrangler with the Moab package. It’s an amazing car. Competent in basically every category. It even has radar cruise control. Its got the V6 in it, but I’d like to have tried the turbo 4.

What are your thoughts on the Gladiator?
I had seen early designs that looked really cool. I have to say I am disappointed by the way it looks. It looks like something is out of whack.

They look good with larger than stock tires and a lift. Stock they kind if look like the truck in the monsters sitcom. I wanted my wife too get one instead of the sahara, but she did not like the look

My 14 year old son told me that he wanted a Subaru Crosstrek for his first car. That was the strangest request for a car I had ever heard of. I ended up with the family station wagon so I really do not have much room to judge but technically that was not my choice. I looked at him and said that its a great car will run forever and have a great resale value, but you’ll probably have a hard time getting a date on friday nights. He now wants a Jeep Wrangler.

1 Like

Bought the wife a Nissan Xterra Pro 4X off the showroom floor in 2015. It was a 2014 model. Held to my standard of not going over $30k. Frickin’ vehicle is a hoss. On top of it’s ruggedness, the Rockberg Fosgate sound system is top notch. Body on frame, is tremendous off road. Going to hold on to it as long as I can. Wife calls it her “Barbie Car”

3 Likes

Had a crosstrek for nearly 3 years. Backed into a curb at about 5mph and it bent the frame. Not even kidding. It accelerated like garbage due to the cvt reacting way too slowly and never came close to the advertised mpg. Bought it new for $23500, put about 35k miles on it and sold it to carmax for $17800. Subaru paid for all the routine maintenance, so cost of ownership wasn’t bad but overall it was junk.

Ive owned two jeeps, a 2005 Grand Cherokee limited with the 5.7 hemi that I loved dearly and a 1989 Grand Wagoneer with a huge lift that i developed a strong love/hate relationship with.

I am fortunate enough to have a company vehicle now that I pay nearly nothing for. But I still want another 4x4 Grand Cherokee over anything else.

1 Like

I have a ‘85 Jeep CJ7 with a 327 Chevy engine .

Fun to drive .

4 Likes

They flip easy

1 Like

Jeeps are nice for 4x4 but too light in the a$$ for towing… I’ll take my F150 XLT V8 4x4 instead…

We don’t want to know about all that. Did you get any dates, or not?

2 Likes

I did not. Not sure the car deserves all the blame, but it for sure didn’t help.

1 Like

COUGAR FANS and FRIENDS,

For anyone looking for a great deal on a JEEP, RAM, DODGE, CHRYSLER or FIAT in the Houston Metro:

Please Contact:

Senior Sales Consultant Wade Robinson for a GREAT HOUSTON COUGAR DEAL and AWESOME customer service!

Wade is PRO- UH COUGARS and supports University of Houston Athletics!

BIG STAR DODGE in CLEAR LAKE
15711 Gulf Freeway Webster, Texas 77598

Office # 281-481-1000
Cell # 832-605-7358

Tell Wade COOGFANS sent YOU!

2 Likes