Jeremy Singleton in the portal again

I think he ends up closer to Home. LaTech , ULLA would be good for him and can play good role immediately.

He could be the player to be named later for Russey. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As I recall, Grimes lost his scholarship because he withdrew (or whatever the terminology) to explore the NBA option. By the time he decided not to go the NBA route, Kansas has filled his spot.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Zero chance in hell that Dana would tell a guy currently on scholarship that he no longer has a scholarship.

Good luck recruiting after that.

8 Likes

I doubt we do it as much as an Alabama, but we are pushing guys out. May not be blatantly telling them they wont have a scholarship, but letting them know there wont be playing time or they will have to compete with more guys and hoping they jump in the portal. Not saying this is the case for Singleton. Last year I think he was feeling out if there was a better situation and found out there wasn’t. This year I think he is gone for good. He should be able to get a good spot in a G5 based off production.

1 Like

I thought scholarships are pulled because of egregious stuff, not because they aren’t preforming. That’s kinda harsh.

What I’ve heard happens is that coaches tell them, in the kindest terms, that they’re not gonna get to see the field much because there are other players that are either getting it done or need opportunities. Those that want to stick around stay, those that feel they can excel elsewhere leave.

2 Likes

He has some stiff competition in the portal. There are around 9 4-stars and a slew of 3 stars. Hopefully he finds a good spot. This gives us another roster spot to upgrade so there is a silver lining to him entering the portal.

Yes. And I even referenced that in one of my first comments. Dana probably told him other guys were going to get some of his opportunities.

But flat out pulling a scholarship? Zero chance.

2 Likes

pretty fluid situation
players coming in make some players want to leave
sure manjack coming over had something to do with it

1 Like

The key word is after. First you have to make the catch before you get yac. He needs to work on more consistency there. But look, he gave us what he could and I appreciate that. I assume this is for real this time and hope he finds a spot.

1 Like

Shaun Lewis entered the portal per rivals

Lewis was a key backup. I think we’ve gotten more safeties to transfer in iirc

Maybe the players simply figured it all out by themselves that they won’t get much playing time because they see the quality of the new players that are coming in while at the same time the coaches have been giving more playing time to somebody else instead of them. As a player you know the trend that is taking place. In Singleton’s case he saw a walk-on like Herslow was getting the playing time that should be his and compounding that is the fact that there are a bunch of highly rated receivers coming in which made him realize the chances of him getting a lot of playing time next year is slim.

2 Likes

Singleton was rated higher in Louisiana HS ball than Stevenson was if I’m not mistaken. He has had far too many drops and hasn’t lived up to his potential.

1 Like

He’s just another guy.
He would rather go try to be a star (probably not)on a weaker team than a key role player for a championship team then we are better off without him.

1 Like

This shows everyone that stars are somebody’s opinion about a player. Does that translate into cfp championships? Ask our greatest enemy about it.

1 Like

I muss the back shoulder and buttonhook catches. Case had some dern good receivers. Who coached them?

2 Likes

If he is leaving to go somewhere else where he can be the man to further his NFL hopes, then I think he is making a mistake. Starting over with new coaches, new players and a new system is hard. He will have to hold on to the ball wherever he plays if he wants a NFL shot. Yes the competition here is heating up, but with his system knowledge and experience he has the inside track to holding off the newcomers. If he cannot step up and succeed here then a change of scenery will not help.

:100: correct.

1 Like

hmmmmm