Jonah Wilson

He hasn’t signed anything.

3 Likes

True, but my point stands

2 Likes

I’m curious why a kid would want to play in THIS offense?

3 Likes

Probably thinks he can do even better than Dell

Recruiting is picking up.
B12 is going to be fun.

5 Likes

Good get. Need to get similar type of linemen.

7 Likes

So Garth was a really highly rated guy heading in to UT……what happened?
Injuries? Just could not crack the two deep?

I’m curious because he seems like a future NFL type kid.

4 Likes

Maybe he realized they were a bunch of A$$hats and didn’t want to be part of it.

3 Likes

Tbh I have no idea. But all I know is like you said, he’s P5 NFL talent. As a coach that’s all you can ask for. And a good attitude. Look at Johnson. He “couldn’t crack the lineup” at UT. But he came here and is already out 2nd best OL. Sometimes a change of scenery can go a long way! I feel good about our O line in the future. Everybody will be back next year plus we are adding talent.

4 Likes

That’s an impressive commitment, as Golden was last season.

3 Likes

And Alton before the year before

4 Likes

I know the younger generations are different, but back in the 60’s when I was in HS, coaches blowing up in practice, on the sidelines, and in the locker rooms were fairly common. So was being whapped across the butt with a whistle strap.

Have you ever watched Nick Saban on the sidelines when a player screws up? He goes ballistic. Yet players still want to play at Alabama.

9 Likes

Look at Sampson, he chews those guys out. Some players respect that

8 Likes

Coach Joseph at Katy liked to kick us in the butts or grabbing our helmets yanking it around while he was yelling and spit flying in our faces.

8 Likes

No win situation when you had to decide whether you wanted to receive your pops by your coach or Dean of Students.

2 Likes

Welcome Wilson!!!

2 Likes

I believe he was injured and then just got recruited out. They signed 5star Kelvin Banks last cycle and he is starting at a true freshman, and playing really well. Horns board seemed very understanding when he hit the portal and thought he would do well where ever he landed. Just a really deep spot for UT

2 Likes

I was a little offended by how positive UT fans were online but their depth at wide receiver is amazing.

2 Likes

I was talking about Garth the OL. There were plenty of salty Horns about wilson, but yes most seem to think they will be just fine without either of them

1 Like

Hope we get a QB to throw to these talented WRs after Tune graduates.

1 Like