Jonah Wilson

It’s less about his antics and more that he simply isn’t inspirational. Listen to this Coach Prime clip. I’ve never felt anything when Holgi speaks.

https://twitter.com/CoachStough/status/1582885944709222400?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1582885944709222400|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

3 Likes

I love Deion.

He keeps it a buck. If my son was a highly sought after kid in football (hopefully some day), I’d tell him to go play for Deion.

6 Likes

True, but it is marketing and publicity. When Ed verbally committed to UH, King followed suit.

Get to stay home & play Big 12, yes please!

1 Like

Wait! Welcome Wilson was on the UH Board of Regents years ago. This is a different guy – much younger. :wink:

5 Likes

Not a huge Holgy fan, but if I had a kid or grandkid who was really good in football or any sport I would want them at UH.
But go ahead like so many of our former students and send them elsewhere,
That’s why we will never have a loyal fanbase

5 Likes

Yep .
Go Coogs…beat the boat school !

Butch,

Some of us tried to send ours to UH and didn’t get the time of day.
My son was ready to be a Coog.

2 Likes

I certainly understand that. I hear legit reasons all the time, wrong courses, no scholarship offers, etc. what I am saying is that if your kid gets a chance to go to UH then be proud. That includes non athletes too. Sometimes things don’t workout.

4 Likes

Totally agree with coaches blowing up on sidelines in the 60’s & 70’s! Sometimes it is hard to realize this is the COOGFANS board!

1 Like

Yeah I heard coach Yeoman say dad gummit several times lol.
But coach could chew you out with the best of them! He let Tom Wilson do all the cursing!
But yeah cursing and aggravated assault were big parts of coaching back in the day lol

6 Likes

Yes, getting led around by your face mask to put you in the proper gap or technique was a common method.

4 Likes

Should replace Tune now. He only have 5 td passes today . . . . .

4 Likes

What’s up with all these weird posts? Are there posters on here that are wanting Tune benched or something?

Love/Hate relationship I think. We want him to succeed and lead us to glory but he’s not like past leaders in Ward and Keenum, more like a David Piland or Jason McKinley mold. Solid guys to be sure but forgettable. In Houston (not just UH) you kinda haveto be a rock star. :thinking:

Just my take. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wow! Just Wow!

Anyone who wants Tune”benched” is a football idiot

6 Likes

Don’t include me in that “we,” I am a big Tune fan.

5 Likes

I saw that happen in the early 2000s in hs. I saw coaches dipping in classrooms and wrestling matches with them in classrooms.

1 Like

I mean he’s gonna end up our 3rd leading passer in school history and probably have 100 career TDs. Wouldn’t exactly call that forgettable.

7 Likes