Just for fun. Brand loyalty. Favorite brands?

In the age of the internet and amazon, is there a reason to be brand loyal? Before I buy anything of substance, I go online and read reviews on the item and then go on amazon and check out customer ratings. I was a big big Sony nerd in the 90’s/2000’s but haven’t bought a Sony anything lately. I grew up with Kenmore washing machines, but when I had to buy a new one a few years ago, I went with another brand.

What’s your favorite North Texas brewery? I’ve enjoyed a lot of the Martin House stuff. Used to drink a lot of Rahr and Sons when they first started. They get lost in the mix now of everything available. Can’t say I’ve noticed them on the shelves in Houston in awhile.

I could probably add Real Ale out of Blanco TX to my loyalty list. I have some friends in Southern California that will send me a box of their local stuff, mostly ipas in exchange for a combo box of St Arnold, Real Ale and Buffalo Bayou.

Some brands I’m loyal to (no particular order)…
Puma
Dr Martens
Cheerios
Frosted Flakes
Blue Bell
Red Bull
Shipley

Some I have an affinity towards
The Game (have a couple of different Cougar hats from them)
Carvana
RC Cola
Playboy

1 Like

Toyota

Anything I’m invested in (Unilever, Intel)

I still have a couple of our old Adidas polos. They’re white and blue. Not sure what we were trying to do with our colors in those days.

1 Like

Barbasol shave cream
Clubman after shave
Rockport leather shoes

On just about everything else…I’m open to many brands.

1 Like

Never been a fan of Rahr, only a couple beers I have liked from them over the years. Martin House has some good ones, but focuses on those gimmick beers too much for my taste. Sorry, don’t like their pickle beer! Texas Ale Project is basically the Dallas version with some out there beers, just released a cotton candy pilsner for the state fair. Wild Acre here in Fort Worth has become my favorite brewery. Legal Draft in Arlington is solid, Community Brewing in Dallas too.

I think Houston still has the edge over DFW.

Cobra Golf
Disney World (the parks. the entertainment side is kind of driving me nuts, but I’m still amazed by the actual parks)
Saucony for running shoes
Tito’s vodka
Shiner beer
Brickhouse cigars

1 Like

MOPAR.

2 Likes

Biggest ones for me.

Patagonia for outdoor gear
Hoka One One for shoes.
Pre-Luxoticca aquisition I loved Oakley sunglasses.
These days I’m a bit all over the place on overpriced sunglasses (I know and I don’t care)

1 Like

I agree about the Luxotica acquisition. A lot of the current stuff is total garbage. I’m up to about 6 pairs of Frogskins, including 1st gen with metal hinges, newer ones that were still made in USA and some lesser quality newer ones that at least still look cool. Still have my original Subzeros from 1994.

I loved my metal Juliet frames, lost them in a car wreck though. Same with the Frogskins still have a set off those too.

These days though I spread the love a bit more. Randolph Aviators, Kaenon Burnett XL, and a couple pairs of Maui Jims

Trying to sell gear :wink:

USA Bayside for shirts +.
Texas Jeans, made in, where else: North Carolina.
New Balance, some of their shoes are made in USA.
I try not to support exploiting 3rd world labor whenever possible.

1 Like

I hate how you kinda have to pick one brand and stick with it due to batteries. I’ve always had good luck with Porter Cable so thats what I chose.

1 Like

That’s my gripe with most companies. They make it to where you have to follow their system to get full benefits. Apple is the one that thrives of this, Samsung, Amazon, all tool companies because of batteries, Tesla’s (because not everyone can fix them) it creates dependency rather than loyalty.

1 Like

Props for that. That’s tough to do. There have been a few brands I really grew to like and then they moved manufacturing overseas. When shopping on the internet it can also be really tedious to find where things are produced. I haven’t heard of Texas Jeans. I’ll have to check that out.

I would say Somebody needs to come out with set of universal battery adapters but
they all have slightly different voltages too, so it thwarts that effort. The ryobi 18 and 40
volt batteries have been a little less then satisfactory for me. I’ve had premature failures
on each

I had LL. Bean duck boots in every color

1 Like

Banana Republic
Kenneth Cole
Steve Madden
GMC

1 Like