Just for fun. Brand loyalty. Favorite brands?

Thunderbird wine
Doral smokes
Kool-Aid
Easy Cheese
Sears Surplus

2 Likes

Allbirds running shoes…. Little company out of NYC….most comfortable shoe I have ever worn…. I have a pair made of wool and a pair made of bamboo.

You made it sound good but then I checked out Allbirds’ website. OUCH! $58 for a tee shirt made in Indonesia. US union made Bayside tees start at under $8.
Their “Sustainability Initiatives” sound like a big con: Reversing Climate Change, Carbon Footprint, Regenerative Agriculture, Renewable Materials, Carbon Offsets, Responsible Energy. I’m not buying it, figuratively or literally. Nothing more than a marketing gimmick. Other than the cheap labor, the main reason companies like this manufacture in the 3rd world is to avoid US EPA restrictions.
The least they could do is pass the savings on to their customers. They could probably sell their $125 shoes for $25 and still make a profit. They do look comfortable, but …

I still have my craftsman tools and tool box from over 50 years ago and they are all in great shape

2 Likes

We can all see a common theme here. I am trying to not buy products made in a certain dictatorship. It is very hard.
I have had an “hands on” experience for many years on products made in the U.S.A. and overseas. An example of a simple ankle brace might cost $1.50/$2 landed and sold many folds over. The first few containers will be fine then the quality starts going down. Companies that are “tied” in these contracts are in for a rough ride. It becomes a catch 22 situation when the same factory is making almost the same product but cheaper. Amazon has done VERY WELL my friends on this major trade issue. Double check Amazon on your favorite product(s) and compare with what is coming up.
I still use Hoka One One but they are not even close to what they were before they got bought out by Deckers Brands. You could get at least 50% more miles on its sole.
Nunn Bush shoes, Puma.
Almost all appliances are now made in the same plant in North Carolina. Repairmen tell me that the quality is so bad that you are lucky to get more than seven years on a unit. I do not buy one without a five years warranty. If I could get a ten years warranty I would.
I love LG’s TV’s. IMO for the money they are way ahead everybody else.
Cars?
Volvo is no longer Swedish owned. A company linked to the same dictatorship talked about earlier now owns them.
Ford, Toyota, NISSAN (now) I used to like Honda’s but the quality is also going down especially the paint (few class action lawsuit)
Food:
Traders Joes, Traders Joes, Traders Joes. Costco when you can find the seafood roadshow. Unfortunately their wine selection is way down from where it used to be. They still have great bread and good olive oil. Costco is great for buying appliances and TV’s. They often have models that only Costco carry that will be $100’s less than for comparable product at Best Buy or others. Insurance too needs to be noted. No i do not work for Costco.
Airlines:
Alaska Air, Southwest

For the record, two of my three favorite “brands” listed (Barbasol, and Rockport) are entirely American, and American made!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

The third, Clubman, features MOSTLY American made products, according to its website.

1 Like

You might want to look again at Rockport. I didn’t see anything on their website to indicate coo, but a quick check on ebay came up with China, India, & Vietnam. I found they were bought by Reebok in the 1980’s which in turn was bought by Adidas. When that happens, manufacturing usually follows the parent company. Like when Nike bought Converse, stopped making Chucks in the USA, and immediately increased the price about $10/pair. SAS (San Antonio Shoemakers) is a good option. I see they now make some shoes in Italy, but I’m guessing it’s not to cut labor costs.

UGH!!!

REALLY???

Dang Reebok.

Figures!

I still stand by Barbasol and Clubman though!

That is a lot of grooming.
Meanwhile

We found out that uhlaw97 can’t come up for an answer on a troubling subject.

Believe me Bro.

Being THIS suave is hard work!

:wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

uhlaw97 needs your help

Well some do not agree.

1 Like

Levi’s, GM (newer) vehicles, Mopar (older) vehicles, Rockport shoes, Dockers pants, Ryobi battery tools, Folger’s, Herradura tequila, Costco, LG TVs, Rayban sunglasses…

Southwest Airlines Offering Free Flights To All Passengers Who Are Vaccinated And Can Fly A Plane

2 Likes

Asics shoes.Soles build to last

Moderna

2 Likes

Glee wax strips

I didn’t really answer the thread initially. I’ll say currently…

Volkswagen
Lenovo, although I’ve been looking at Dell as a new home workstation.
Briggs and Riley luggage
Martin Logan loudspeakers
Maui Jim sunglasses

I’ve got other items that are my safe go tos but those are my biggest brand snob

“Do you have any Grey Poupon?”

2 Likes

The lost footage

and

Well

You can’t get away from it

Gotta start somewhere

Haha there it is. I imagine that monkey saying that while getting his hair combed.