Just So There’s No Confusion

Iowa State only won the tournament championship!
Houston is the winner of the Big 12 Conference Championship!

14 Likes

I think its about momentum. They have it. Fortunately we’re one of those few programs that uses a loss to start carpet bombing people.

9 Likes

Amazing how a few days off competition can help us…

2 Likes

I just think conference tournaments are so weird. It’s almost as if people put more emphasis on a weekend of games as opposed to a whole season’s body of work.

8 Likes

Iowa state talk lot of trash saying they should jump Houston for the one seed because they beat us twice lol. I hope the get beat in the tournament early. I guess they forgot BYU beat their ass at home.

2 Likes

ISU fan here, haven’t seen anyone saying ISU should jump Houston and if there are some out there they are wrong. I think most of the argument has been focused around if ISU should jump Arizona, UNC, and Tennessee for the final 1. You guys absolutely won the conference title and by two full games! Yesterday was a matchup that favored us, ie injuries and crowd.

23 Likes

I saw a tired UH team playing in a game that meant everything to ISU. ISU played like that game was their season, and they clocked us. Personally, I would NOT want to play ISU right now. With 3 days rest, UH will be a different team than the one we saw, and I expect good things from this team.

8 Likes

Yeah, there was such a separation between the top three and the next tier that the loss wasn’t meaningful for our seeding.

But ISU possibly getting a second 1 seed for the Big 12? That’s big time.

Maybe we’ll get to see a round four in the Final Four?

3 Likes

They needed a reset. They will be a handful for any team going forward. I can promise you that.

I thought we would end up 6 overall not 8th, will have to be for a natty lol

1 Like

Cyclones can beat UConn and make The Final Four.

They are that good.

7 Likes

Iumberjack31, thank you for the post. Wish Iowa State the best. We did not play our best yesterday. Our coach will have them ready for next week. Big 12 is a tough league.

I think it’s more about after beating TCU and TT, we were worn out because our lack of depth didn’t let us rest players enough during games. ISU had their whole bench to go to and were pumped up due to their fans packed the house and made it like a home game for them. When we get to the dance we will have a day between games to recover. But the further into the tourney we get the more depth will matter.

2 Likes

ISU played 12 guys. Cleared their bench.

1 Like

They are for real- that’s for sure.

UH will need some rest and will need a break with the travel.

I look forward to a long series of games with ISU in the future. The fans I met in Houston were knowledgeable and polite. What ISU and the other legacy members of the B12 forget is the vast gap in resources that exist between P5 and G5 schools. We are just getting started and will make rapid strides to become competitive in all sports.
Sampson and the University have done an amazing job on a shoestring budget.
I hope you take out UCon and make a deep run.

1 Like

Ignore pearland. Most people think he’s a troll who only shows up when we lose.

1 Like

And those people are right.

The difference in money between 5 years in the American and 5 years in the Big 12 is thought to be in the millions.